Player Discussion: Brayden Point - Part 3

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's worrisome that he doesn't look as fast as he was in his first game back. We have a history of letting guys come back too soon.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's worrisome that he doesn't look as fast as he was in his first game back. We have a history of letting guys come back too soon.
Our players have HEART! They are warriors!!! You hear me?? Warriors! Little injuries won't keep them off the ice.

Reactions: DFC

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I still don’t buy that he is a 92 point guy but he probably hits 70 to 75 points this year

His shooting percentage was off the charts last year. That will come down. Id like to see Point and Kucherov stay with each other. They are too good together to break them up.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I still don’t buy that he is a 92 point guy but he probably hits 70 to 75 points this year

I still stand by this I never bought that he was a 92 point player I think that was a one season thing of every thing going right. I think he is a 65 to 72 point guy

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Point looks like he’s still recovering from his off season surgery and missing training camp and the first few games due to healing up.

He just does not have the same jump/spark to his skating that he had last year.
Yeah except for the Toronto game he’s not the same player.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He looks off, so does most of the team and his most common linemate Kucherov. Doesn't automatically mean he's still injured. Good players go through slumps..

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
He looks off, so does most of the team and his most common linemate Kucherov. Doesn't automatically mean he's still injured. Good players go through slumps..

That’s quite true. It’s just that at least Point might still have some lingering conditioning issues from missing camp/early season games or yeah, you could be right and it might just be a slump.

I’m just cutting Pointer a bit more slack than the rest of the team because of the possibility.

Because, even if there are some lingering injury issues for Pointer, that certainly doesn’t explain the rest of the team’s poopy play except that Point did often serve as the engine that made good things happen.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Point just doesnt look like Point and hasnt all season. I dont think its a stretch to say that hes still recovering from his surgery and missing camp. Many said that him missing camp would not be good for him and remember Kucherov wasnt Kucherov when he missed camp that one year. I think its as simple as our best players arent acting like our best players. NBC said it last night, we cant have our best line be our 4th line. It was really our 4th line plus Cirelli that played well. The rest of our team hasnt been good this year.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Speaking to the above post hopefully Point gets back to normal this season and doesn't go completely William Nylander on us.

I think tho the problem goes a little deeper then the "injury"

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
He's still recovering from his hip surgery or he's hurt something else. In the last 2 games I've noticed that every time Point gets up off the ice, he's wincing and slow. He's not healthy.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
What I don’t understand is what is wrong with his shot. Just doesn’t feel dangerous at all.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He's still recovering from his hip surgery or he's hurt something else. In the last 2 games I've noticed that every time Point gets up off the ice, he's wincing and slow. He's not healthy.

I think they brought him back too soon just like Callahan he didn't really get a summer to train right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad