Brayden Point and TBL Cap Hit; 2019-20

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Point will sign 8.5M for 8 years. Followed by the huge "explosion" on Toronto home board :sarcasm:

lol, no

he isnt taking a penny less than kucherov, especially with the cap gonna go up 5.5 mil

on pace for 106pts. if he gets 100 lock 9.5-10mil in the bank

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You Leafs fans are hoping that's the case, but you all know he is going to a massive discount to stay in Tampa. Then your collective HF fanbase will erupt into profanity laced tirades.:popcorn:

MASSIVE 9.5 x 8 discount to stay in Tampa.

kid is gonna get 45goals/100pts. Good luck getting him for 8 lol

Reactions: kp61c

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Point is pretty overrated. Having Kucherov, Stamkos etc with him. Of course he should get 100 points.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I wouldnt he surprised if he was signed for 7.5 Hedmans number. I think people need to remember the foundations has been set the moment Stamkos and Hedman took hometown discounts to be here. Kucherov did it twice to help the team out. Why wouldnt Point on a proven good team? We tend to churn out prospects well so we should be competitive for the long haul. Him taking a little less helps us fit in anything extra we may need. Just like the rest of the guys did.

This team is clearly on a mission to win games and playing in sunny fl isnt bad at all. Especially at this time of year. It is absolutely gorgeous outside right now. Price of living isn't outrageous either. There is plenty of incentive for this kid to take a little less now and then cash in big on next contract. I dont know why it should surprise people at this point.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Everyone on the TBL takes discounts (except for secondary players). The Bolts will likely bridge him. If he bets on himself, like Kuch - he can end up making a lot more in 3 years.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Point is pretty overrated. Having Kucherov, Stamkos etc with him. Of course he should get 100 points.
Sure, playing with Kuch and Stammer helps Point's development. And his numbers. Point is a smart kid and doesn't fancy himself as the second coming of McJesus. However, he is a fantastic player in his own right - and he will get better. He's still figuring out how to handle Kuch, and they are getting better together every game. So yeah, the rest of the NHL should be plenty concerned.

Last edited:

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Every time I see someone say that Point is overrated I want to punch my monitor - have you people not seen him play? Kid has got some serious talent. He has a great shot and is an excellent playmaker with a faceoff percentage which has increased each year in the league. He also finished just barely under PPG last playoffs - just admit that he is a damn good player haha

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Everyone on the TBL takes discounts (except for secondary players). The Bolts will likely bridge him. If he bets on himself, like Kuch - he can end up making a lot more in 3 years.

Except if he takes a massive discount (say somewhere in the 7 million a year range), NHLPA won't be happy.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

I mean nothing will come of it, but if he signs for a massive discount (I'm not talking in the 8 million range) while Rantanen, Marner etc sign for significantly more money, I'm sure it won't be looked upon fondly since it brings salary down for everyone.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean nothing will come of it, but if he signs for a massive discount (I'm not talking in the 8 million range) while Rantanen, Marner etc sign for significantly more money, I'm sure it won't be looked upon fondly since it brings salary down for everyone.
No it doesn't. Hockey players get 50% of revenue no matter what.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Except if he takes a massive discount (say somewhere in the 7 million a year range), NHLPA won't be happy.

Why? It leaves more money for other players. Players are still getting the money. It's just not all going to one player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->