Brayden McNabb!

sabresfan91

Jan 3, 2010
I think mcnabb might be able to pull a tyler myers next year and go straight to buffalo and earn a spot and play the whole season he looks very impressive and that would give us a very good defense with a lot of size and skill, what do you guys think?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I think he will have an NHL impact for sure. Should be a very solid top 4 defenseman that can log big minutes and play a big role on a PK.

Does he do that as early as next year? I have my doubts. I think he still will take some time transitioning to the speed of the pro game.

But, once he gets there, he should be there for good. A great player.

sabresfan91

Jan 3, 2010
Thanks for the input! as a sabres fan wish i could watch him more but cant here in brockport NY without paying but checking out highlights and stuff it seems like we have a top notch set in myers and mcnabb in a couple years.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
he's been a delight to watch so far this year.

however I think it's still another year before he's NHL ready..

I agree with this comment.

How in the heck was McNabb not a first round pick in that draft? That's ridiculous - he even had a good year in his draft year.

He does have some holes in his game and will need a little more time to season. They said the same thing about Tyler Myers, but in McNabb's case I think he's a bit more of a project.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

How in the heck was McNabb not a first round pick in that draft? That's ridiculous - he even had a good year in his draft year.

He does have some holes in his game and will need a little more time to season. They said the same thing about Tyler Myers, but in McNabb's case I think he's a bit more of a project.

I agree.

Myers is an elite, top notch skater. McNabb is a step or two below that at this point.

sabresfan91

Jan 3, 2010
thanks for the input on mcnabb, question though also for those of you that get to go to whl games what are your impressions of buffalos prospect kevin sundher is he a top notch skater or what are his qualities. Thanks for your input!

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
I think mcnabb might be able to pull a tyler myers next year and go straight to buffalo and earn a spot and play the whole season he looks very impressive and that would give us a very good defense with a lot of size and skill, what do you guys think?

He'll be in our Top 4 eventually (We hope).

But next year our defense is looking pretty set from the inside:

Signed for 2011-2012:

Myers
Morrison
Leopold

RFA:

Butler (Could be gone at the deadline, could be re-signed. I think it's 50-50.)
Sekera (He'll be back unless he's moved for #1 or 2A center)
Weber (Re-signed. He's been very good this year in his first full year of the big time.)

UFA:

Montador. (If we don't trade him we're going to re-sign him I think.)
Rivet (Toast, gone.)

That gives us 5-7 defensemen already for next year, and Brennan, Gragnani, and Schiestal are ahead of him on the depth chart. McNabb is probably a 2012-2013 arrival, with a few games next season as a call up.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
thanks for the input on mcnabb, question though also for those of you that get to go to whl games what are your impressions of buffalos prospect kevin sundher is he a top notch skater or what are his qualities. Thanks for your input!

When Sundher came into the WHL, the thought was that he would turn into a top-notch playmaking center and form a top 1-2 punch with Ryan Howse. Slowly, he has started to come around and really show his playmaking skills (as evidenced by his point per game pace this year). He sees the ice well and is effective at setting up his teammates. Like McNabb, however, Sundher is largely a project at this point and will need to develop (probably 2 years in the AHL) before you'll get a really good feel on his NHL potential. He has the intangibles to play a bottom-6 role as well, so it's not like he's a boom-or-bust guy.

Top-end potential, I think you're looking at a Matt Stajan type player, maybe with a bit more of a physical edge.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

He had a rough U-18's where people saw enough issues with his footwork to raise some doubts. It likely hurt him a bit on draft day.

arsmaster*

Doesn't skate like Myers, and will have trouble early on making the decisions quick enough to gain the confidence of Lindy Ruff.

He will be a solid NHLer with 2nd pairing upside....he will need minor pro seasoning IMO.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
He'll be in our Top 4 eventually (We hope).

But next year our defense is looking pretty set from the inside:

Signed for 2011-2012:

Myers
Morrison
Leopold

RFA:

Butler (Could be gone at the deadline, could be re-signed. I think it's 50-50.)
Sekera (He'll be back unless he's moved for #1 or 2A center)
Weber (Re-signed. He's been very good this year in his first full year of the big time.)

UFA:

Montador. (If we don't trade him we're going to re-sign him I think.)
Rivet (Toast, gone.)

That gives us 5-7 defensemen already for next year, and Brennan, Gragnani, and Schiestal are ahead of him on the depth chart. McNabb is probably a 2012-2013 arrival, with a few games next season as a call up.

Wut? :huh:

OT: But this is not in the probable nor possible and neither the unlikely, sorry

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Exactly.

Great to see him turn his game up a notch. For those that see him a lot, has he put the skating and footwork issues to bed?

I seem to recall reading comments from the Sabres prospect camp that suggested that his footwork was not nearly as bad as the pre-draft stories implied.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Named as a WHL all star today but was beaten out by Stefan Elliott as the Eastern conference nominee for defenseman of the year. This kid is a beast and needs to be exactly that for the Ice come postseason time tomorrow night.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Named as a WHL all star today but was beaten out by Stefan Elliott as the Eastern conference nominee for defenseman of the year. This kid is a beast and needs to be exactly that for the Ice come postseason time tomorrow night.

That he was unanimous selection is also something to hang his hat on. Things have tightened up so much online that seeing him against the Warriors will likely not be in the cards for me, but I look forward to how he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad