Signing(s): Braves sign Cole Hamels (1 year/18 M)

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
So much money between Hamels and so many mediocre relievers.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I expect this to go about as well as the Keuchel signing. Will be a good middle of the rotation starter but ultimately does nothing to move the needle in the Braves becoming a legit World Series contender.

Hard to get excited about.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I expect this to go about as well as the Keuchel signing. Will be a good middle of the rotation starter but ultimately does nothing to move the needle in the Braves becoming a legit World Series contender.

This signing certainly won't put us over the top (I do love it's only for a year though), but they already have addressed the biggest issue last year, the pen.

I think the rotation will look like Soroka, Fried, Fulty, Hamels, and probably Anderson out of camp. We get a pair of bats (3rd and OF) and I think we look good.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
We still need to re-sign Donaldson and find a way to upgrade on Markakis so he rides the bench where he belongs.

If Donaldson leaves and Markakis is still a starter, our lineup is exponentially worse than it was last year and none of the pitching upgrades really matter too much.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

unlike Keuchel, he’s gonna be there from day 1

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
We still need to re-sign Donaldson and find a way to upgrade on Markakis so he rides the bench where he belongs.

If Donaldson leaves and Markakis is still a starter, our lineup is exponentially worse than it was last year and none of the pitching upgrades really matter too much.
Yep. But it's December. Sit tight.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Like this a lot. If their young pitchers come on they'll always be able to move him on come deadline and he'll be in demand.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Hamels has good playoff experience FWIW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad