Injury Report: Braun, Vlasic

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I really do wonder (and hope, to be honest) if Vlasic hasn't had a long-term injury this year, and that's why he's been so bad. That certainly makes more sense to me than the other narratives of him being jealous of Karlsson and playing terribly out of spite or something. We all know how secretive the Sharks are about injuries, after all, and it makes no sense that after all these years of being really great at D that Vlasic would suddenly turn into Huskins or something. I guess we'll see whenever it is he comes back, which hopefully won't be until after the all-star break.

The longer he continues to be out with what seems like a minor injury from the Colorado game, I agree. I feel like their success without him has made them realize they have the luxury of letting him get fully healthy again, where as before they likely feared the repercussions of holding him out.

I hope that's the case anyway.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
May be just me but I’m actually thinking this most recent time off for Vlasic is going to do him a world of good. He needed a couple weeks to get his head right
Hope you're right. A competent level Vlassic for the rest of the season and playoffs would be amazing.

Reactions: Caesar Rex

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
You would hope this makes Vlasic readjust but there's the concern that he's just too arrogant now to self-evaluate himself.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Shut Vlasic down for the rest of the season. Need to preserve his trade value for the offseason.

Reactions: Sandisfan

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
That quote about him saying that his minuses were only because he gets on at the wrong time or something was so ridiculous.

Does anybody have a link to that? I don’t doubt you but if that’s true then Vlasic truly does have an ego problem.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Does anybody have a link to that? I don’t doubt you but if that’s true then Vlasic truly does have an ego problem.

It may be time for Sharks to start really worrying about Marc-Edouard Vlasic
It may be time for Sharks to start really worrying about...

Paywall

On Dec. 21, Vlasic did speak to The Athleticthe morning before the Sharks-Jets game.
When asked if he was healthy, he replied: “Why are you asking?”
When it was suggested to him that some of his numbers aren’t where they typically have been throughout what has been a generally splendid career, he said: “I’m not here to impress anybody, I’m here to win hockey games. I just go on the ice on a bad change, I get a minus. That’s happened four times this year. Sometimes you get those, sometimes you don’t. I’m on the bad end of them, so it will turn around eventually. If it doesn’t, who cares? As long as we win.”
You’re happy with the way your game is trending now?
“Yes.”
Is there anything you’re doing now that wasn’t there earlier in the year?
“I can’t pinpoint it, no,” he said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->