Brassard vs Matt Carle vs Weber

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
If you are in a pool and you are about to use a pick on one of those guys, who would you want based on offensive potential only. Keep in mind that D and forward are two distinct position that needs to be filled, I cannot only dress forwards, I need 12 forwards and 6 D.

Last edited:

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
I'd go with the forward, if you're talking purely points and such.

Well in my case d-man are important also. I know they make less points but it's like comparing Niedermayer to Briere, I know Briere does more points, but Niedermayer would be the obvious choice here. Basically if lets say Carle become a 50 pts D-man is value would be comparable to a 80 pts forward in my case.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
Never been in a hockey pool?

Depends on the format of your pool, I guess. How many D do you dress/pick and how many forwards?

12 forwards and 6 D. I have no obvious need so I want the BPA. Only points counts. Maybe this thread should be move to the Fantasy thread.

phillyflyer

Sep 16, 2005
ottawa
what a ridiculous thread

If you want to compare prospect offensive potential, please at least use same positions....

weber will be a beast

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
12 forwards and 6 D. I have no obvious need so I want the BPA. Only points counts. Maybe this thread should be move to the Fantasy thread.

I'd say it's a toss-up between Weber and Brassard. The one good thing about Weber is that he's going to be in a good position to learn from some very good offensive D this year. Bad thing is that he's stuck behind them. :)

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
If you want to compare prospect offensive potential, please at least use same positions....

weber will be a beast

Ok so if I follow your great advise I will never compare Niedremayer or Lidstrom to a Forsberg or Jagr, thats really helpful if your in a pool...:shakehead
Just ignore the thread if you think its so hard.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
I'd say it's a toss-up between Weber and Brassard. The one good thing about Weber is that he's going to be in a good position to learn from some very good offensive D this year. Bad thing is that he's stuck behind them. :)

Thanks, I was leaning toward Brassard but everything I read on Carle seems to say he will be a great offensive D...How many points can we expect from them at their peak?

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
I don't know what these guys are telling you, but if 50 points is going to make a dman more important than an 80 point forward in your league, I would say you have to take Carle.

Carle has a very good chance of hitting 40 points this year, and could hit 60 + in the next few years. Brassard is at least 1-2 years away from the NHL. Carle, and it's a no brainer.

Transported Upstater

I don't know what these guys are telling you, but if 50 points is going to make a dman more important than an 80 point forward in your league, I would say you have to take Carle.

Carle has a very good chance of hitting 40 points this year, and could hit 60 + in the next few years. Brassard is at least 1-2 years away from the NHL. Carle, and it's a no brainer.

The voice of reason. NashisCash is dead-on.

12 forwards and 6 defensemen? Sounds more like a defenseman-based league, where the blueliners have a lot of fantasy value. Carle may not be as good a player as Weber, but he's a great bet to make an offensive impact from the blueline in the NHL, and relatively soon.

Carle in this situation. No-brainer.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec

Exactly, if Carle projection stats are close to 60+ points then is value would be really big in my pool. I have Pitkanen and I would not trade him away for a 80 points forward.

pooler99

Sep 28, 2002
Krynn
Visit site

same here :cry: :cry: you'll skyrocket his stock

Transported Upstater

Exactly, if Carle projection stats are close to 60+ points then is value would be really big in my pool. I have Pitkanen and I would not trade him away for a 80 points forward.

Holy crap, Pitkanen in your league is ridiculously valuable...

If this is a keeper league, Pitkanen is a player you trade for almost no one under this format.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
Holy crap, Pitkanen in your league is ridiculously valuable...

If this is a keeper league, Pitkanen is a player you trade for almost no one under this format.

The best D can compare to the best forward. Let's say you have Lidstrom in your team he gives you the same kind of production of a Jagr, Thornton. Pitkanen would be close to Eric Staal, Kovalchuk I would say...And you are right since it is a keeper league a guy like Pitkanen is even harder to trade considering is age.

Transported Upstater

The best D can compare to the best forward. Let's say you have Lidstrom in your team he gives you the same kind of production of a Jagr, Thornton. Pitkanen would be close to Eric Staal, Kovalchuk I would say...And you are right since it is a keeper league a guy like Pitkanen is even harder to trade considering is age.

Trust me, man...don't trade Pitkanen unless you get an offer that BLOWS YOU AWAY, maybe by a Flyers homer in your league or something.

Sounds like you have a good handle on your situation, so good luck, my friend. :handclap:

Defense_1st

Jun 2, 2006
Wpg,Canada
I am also in a keeper pool where you need 6 d men and 12 fwds.....i have 8 d men that i have been building on I would definetley take the D man over Brassard , especially if it is Weber or Carle.Both are great young D men and will play right away.More reliable probably Weber better upside right away most likely Carle.
I would take Carle....and check out my name!

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
I'd pick Carle just for the fact that he'll get a lot of PP time on a PP that includes Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, and Jonathan Cheechoo (though on two diff. lines).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad