News Article: Brassard on the block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Absolutely, but to pass on Zadina and Svechnikov for Tkachuk is probably not a wise move. May as well trade down a few slots if that's the case.

Definitely on Svechnikov... probably on Zadina..
If we are 4th or 5th and Tkachuk is there I'd have no issues taking him vs trading down

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Brady Tkachuk is not Matthew. Zadina is a game breaker sens brass knows this. They watched Bowers out play Brady Tkachuk and he is only 6 weeks older. They gotta swing for the fences sens need a legit first line star Brady Tkachuk is not that player. He is a great complimentary forward but he isn't going to be a first line staple that drives a top line.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brady Tkachuk is not Matthew. Zadina is a game breaker sens brass knows this. They watched Bowers out play Brady Tkachuk and he is only 6 weeks older. They gotta swing for the fences sens need a legit first line star Brady Tkachuk is not that player. He is a great complimentary forward but he isn't going to be a first line staple that drives a top line.

Brady has looked great in all the big international tournaments. I fully get what you are saying .. I think it says a lot for Bowers as well. I don't think that was as bad a pick as has been portrayed.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Bowers is basically a poor man's white. Which would make him a solid 3rd line player.

Still a meh pick considering who was available.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Tkachuk over Svechnikov would be the cherry on top of this sundae of a season.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
For a cap team like PIT it matters because his actual AAV is 5M and they have like 800K free space. So for them AAV is way more important than salary

Then Pittsburgh is the one who has to make a move to make it work. We're the ones with the Ace card....we can't afford to give it away for lesser value because some team cries about its cap room. You want him...pay our price.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Sooo, late to the party but what is your guy’s ask from PIT? I’m assuming the package starts with either Sprong or Gustavsson(goalie prospect).

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think we get asking for Brass. He's the type of forward contending GMs dream of landing for a playoff run.

Ott: Pitt 1st 2019, Pitt 4th 2018, Filip Gustafson (goalie drafted 2016, Swedens WJC goalie 2017 & 2018)
Pitt: Brassard

There were a couple of people who bemoaned the fact that the Senators lost their 2nd round pick in the 2018 Draft when they acquired Brassard.

The return for Brassard seems to have worked out pretty good so far, getting Gustafson and the 1st round pick, that was used to drop down in the first round, and get back a 2nd round pick for 2018.

So far, looks like a few good moves by PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad