News Article: Brassard on the block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Nice response. I was hoping you could eloborate on what you liked about him. He hasn’t played too many games yet in the league. Any thoughts, or do you just want him because he was a first round pick?

Most likely because he has been in 2 world juniors and he looked "slick" there too.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I didn't realize Brassard was still on a 50 point pace despite (another) disappointing regular season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This is brassgod we're talking about. Superstar playoff performer. Better get something as good as any other dealt player

Last edited:

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Don’t think CBJ would give up the equivelant of two 1st rounders. Especially considering they are not a lock for the playoffs, not to mention a top 8 team or so.

It would be more in line with 1st + lesser prospect than Milano

Or

Milano + 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I like Milano, but he’s a winger and this draft is deep. I’d shoot for the 1st.

Martin Hanzal deadline 2017

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Would trade him to the highest bidder ASAP, haven't been thrilled with his time here at all nor have I been let down really, he is a mediocre player imo and is best suited to second/third line duties.

Shhhhh, stop talking like that, other teams will catch on. From what I gather by the quality of trade proposals on HF, lots of GM's and Asst GM's obviously post.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If the asking price is a 1st, a prospect and something else Dorion better hope a C on a contending team gets hurt very soon.

I understand a lot of his value is his cap/contract which is incredibly team friendly (note to players: this is what happens when you are nice) but his production doesn't warrant that price tag.

A 1st and no money back would be amazing.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I'd rather keep Brass as a veteran but I'm okay with them selling. He'd get a lot in return and re-signing him will be $$$.

Brass fan but it makes sense on a rebuild level

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I don't think there's a chance you get a 1st + roster player + prospect for Brassard. If you can get 2 out of the 3, that's a good deal.

Personally, I'd be happy with an "almost-ready" potential top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman and a 2nd (or late 1st depending on the quality of the player). From the teams that are rumored to be interested:

Pittsburgh: Daniel Sprong + 2nd
Columbus: Sonny Milano/Gabriel Carlsson + 2nd
Carolina: Haydn Fleury

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If the asking price is a 1st, a prospect and something else Dorion better hope a C on a contending team gets hurt very soon.

I understand a lot of his value is his cap/contract which is incredibly team friendly (note to players: this is what happens when you are nice) but his production doesn't warrant that price tag.

A 1st and no money back would be amazing.

If Brassard is legit being shopped, he is immediately the best center available at the deadline.

Doesn't matter if anyone gets hurt or not. Teams are always looking to upgrade down the middle, and we have the best chip on the table in that regard.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I don't think there's a chance you get a 1st + roster player + prospect for Brassard. If you can get 2 out of the 3, that's a good deal.

Personally, I'd be happy with an "almost-ready" potential top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman and a 2nd (or late 1st depending on the quality of the player). From the teams that are rumored to be interested:

Pittsburgh: Daniel Sprong + 2nd
Columbus: Sonny Milano/Gabriel Carlsson + 2nd
Carolina: Haydn Fleury

I think we get asking for Brass. He's the type of forward contending GMs dream of landing for a playoff run.

Ott: Pitt 1st 2019, Pitt 4th 2018, Filip Gustafson (goalie drafted 2016, Swedens WJC goalie 2017 & 2018)
Pitt: Brassard

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
If Brassard is legit being shopped, he is immediately the best center available at the deadline.

Doesn't matter if anyone gets hurt or not. Teams are always looking to upgrade down the middle, and we have the best chip on the table in that regard.
the market for centers at this deadline is laughable too. mark letestu is probably the next best available centre.

if you're a team looking to make a deep run, you need to have centre depth. Look at last years penguins team. They ate teams alive off of being able to role 3 scoring lines. Brassard's price is rightfully high.

Reactions: BonkTastic

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
Report: Senators talking to teams about Brassard
Report: Senators talking to teams about Brassard

What do you guys realistically think we can get for him? Signed through next year at 5 million. I think a 2nd and a good prospect? Dorion is asking for a first round pick, a prospect and a third piece, ask high sell in the middle?
Dorion thinks that other teams GM's thinks like he does...he is sorely mistaken...

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
if brassard is traded, then possibly losing Duchene will hurt our offense in such a way that we might not recover anytime soon.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
When have the Sens ever received a top end prospect in a trade?
Lehner to Buffalo got us No. 21 in 2015 which turned out to be Colin White. We won that from my perspective. We did have to draft him ourselves but that year it didn't really matter who you picked in the first you were going to win.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Dorion thinks that other teams GM's thinks like he does...he is sorely mistaken...

That's ok, he can keep Brassard. White not ready and looks good with 95-68.

Team has no 2nd line centre behind Brassard in its depth chart, I want a competitive team next year if I am a paying fan.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
With that Phaneuf trade is there any way you could retain on Brassard, or take someone like Sheary from the Pens along with Sprong and a 1st? just curious how that trade would effect a Brass trade.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
With that Phaneuf trade is there any way you could retain on Brassard, or take someone like Sheary from the Pens along with Sprong and a 1st? just curious how that trade would effect a Brass trade.

I don't think there's any need to retain on Brassard, since he's only making 3.5 million in real dollars next season.

I'd take one of Pittsburgh's "bad" contracts in return though. Sheary + Sprong/Jarry + 2nd and I'd do it.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't think there's any need to retain on Brassard, since he's only making 3.5 million in real dollars next season.

I'd take one of Pittsburgh's "bad" contracts in return though. Sheary + Sprong/Jarry + 2nd and I'd do it.

Done from this Pens fan. Sheary, Sprong, 2nd.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

For a cap team like PIT it matters because his actual AAV is 5M and they have like 800K free space. So for them AAV is way more important than salary

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
For a cap team like PIT it matters because his actual AAV is 5M and they have like 800K free space. So for them AAV is way more important than salary

Sub out 3 million Sheary for 5 million Brassard, and it's doable for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->