Proposal: Brassard for Skinner @ 3 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
If you finished reading the 1st page you would have found it.

But I'll recap:

Jeff Skinner has a higher G per game avg over his career
Jeff Skinner has a higher Pts per game avg over his career
Jeff Skinner is 5 years younger

Hmmm 2 offensive players, one scores more often and gets assists more often and most likely has more years remaining as a top line/top 6 player.

Yeah what was I thinking? How completely irrational.

Now let me guess... you are a Pens fan aren't you? You don't think that your stance might just be factored in by the colors of the jerseys here do you?

Brassard has a better Center/60 than Skinner so Canes retaining on him is the least they can do for this steal of an offer

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Even if Skinner=Brassard, Pens need a talented goal scorer more than 3rd line center, therefore it will be a huge upgrade for them. And why Carolina would want to upgrade same division team?

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
See, you got defensive and you're acting like a bit of a wanker.

So how much do you think Skinner benefits from not playing the C spot with the added pressure of playing a more sound 2-way game? Since you know Skinner and Brassard so well.

lmao centers are literally gifted points because offense flows through them and they're constantly in the best position to get their pucks on sticks and make the most direct easy to complete passes.

Brassard at wing is probably not even a 40 point player

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
lmao centers are literally gifted points because offense flows through them and they're constantly in the best position to get their pucks on sticks and make the most direct easy to complete passes.

Brassard at wing is probably not even a 40 point player

Your lacking of understanding what Centers do is quite alarming.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Anti-Wanker-spray.jpg

Reactions: STLomacneko

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Your lacking of understanding of where centers are located on the ice is quite alarming.

Enjoy Brassard, we sure enjoyed playing against him this year lol

Lol, right.

So instead of adding to the discussion you just got pissy and started to throw a hissy fit. I genuinely want to know why Brassard is valued so low vs Skinner, keep in mind, I am happy keeping Brassard and want nothing to do with Skinner in the first place so the whole notion of any under valuation by me is not being had. Instead, a question was asked, and you turned into a whiny brat.

Good to know, usually the kind of argument one brings when they have nothing to add to the conversation.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Lol, right.

So instead of adding to the discussion you just got pissy and started to throw a hissy fit. I genuinely want to know why Brassard is valued so low vs Skinner, keep in mind, I am happy keeping Brassard and want nothing to do with Skinner in the first place so the whole notion of any under valuation by me is not being had. Instead, a question was asked, and you turned into a whiny brat.

Good to know, usually the kind of argument one brings when they have nothing to add to the conversation.

Why is the guy 4 years younger and 1 year removed from a 37 goal season (his third over 30 goals) more valuable than Derick Brassard? Gee I dunno, why is Guentzel more valuable than Jordan Staal

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why is the guy 4 years younger and 1 year removed from a 37 goal season (his third over 30 goals) more valuable than Derick Brassard? Gee I dunno, why is Guentzel more valuable than Jordan Staal

I am curious if you understand context. Like Team 1 being not so deep down the middle, covets a C, the other team that is deep down the middle, covets a winger. Both UFA's, one is 50% retained and a not so long removed from being a 50-60pt C.

All you've shown me is ageism and stat watching. Nothing by the way of their actual play, how they drive their team's offense, etc. One is a career 0.65ppg player, the other is a .59-.60ppg player, which isn't that far a part. One is a better goal scorer, the other the better playmaker. If Carolina is looking for a C, then I can see interest, but if they aren't then why bother.

Don't bother replying, I see I am not going to get an actual comparison by other factors outside of "POINTS!"..."AGE!!"

Good thing I am happy with Brassard and glad he's healing and fired up for next season. Good luck to Skinner wherever he ends up, probably Chicago.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Ah so because I actually asked for information, I am a wanker instead of being insulting like the other person and you being a general wanker in defense of him.

That’s a strange way of rewriting what happened. It’s funny how appalled you and the other Pit fans are that other people think this is a bad deal for Carolina (especially retaining) as if this was a great deal

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
I'll take the 2C that's a proven playoff performer at a 3M cap hit. I'm not gonna go by Skinner at 3M, but his 5.7M hit btw because I don't think Skinner at 3M is realistic.
4pts in 12 playoff games playing easy minutes? what an absolute MONSTER playoff performer

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Horrible for Carolina.

Brassard is nowhere close to Skinner in value. Insane that any Penguins fans would even try to argue this.

What do you think Skinner's value is then? Brassard was just traded for the equivalent of Gustavsson, a 1st and a 3rd. How much more value does Skinner have, after coming off a 49 point season and only having 1 year left on his deal?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The fact that the Canes are retaining while Pit isn’t even adding anything makes this deal by op dumb. Why would the canes do a favor for a team within their division?
And this is ignoring the fact that the owner and management in Carolina is still pissed that Washington just did the same thing when they rejected their offer and sent Grubauer to Colorado to get him out of the Metro. But yeah, we are totally looking to make an even trade inside the division....

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This totally ignores the value Skinner has as a long term option for teams. They might both only have one year left, but whoever acquires Skinner will sign him to a 6 year deal. There’s a lot of value in that.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I am curious if you understand context. Like Team 1 being not so deep down the middle, covets a C, the other team that is deep down the middle, covets a winger. Both UFA's, one is 50% retained and a not so long removed from being a 50-60pt C.

All you've shown me is ageism and stat watching. Nothing by the way of their actual play, how they drive their team's offense, etc. One is a career 0.65ppg player, the other is a .59-.60ppg player, which isn't that far a part. One is a better goal scorer, the other the better playmaker. If Carolina is looking for a C, then I can see interest, but if they aren't then why bother.

Don't bother replying, I see I am not going to get an actual comparison by other factors outside of "POINTS!"..."AGE!!"

Good thing I am happy with Brassard and glad he's healing and fired up for next season. Good luck to Skinner wherever he ends up, probably Chicago.

Brassard is redundant on the Canes when they already have compareable players in Staal and Rask smarty pants. While good in his own right Brassard isnt the type of C the Canes need unless Brassard was 20-24 years old and has the potential to be a 1C Canes arent interested at the price OP was asking. [mod] Canes dont want Skinner traded for Brassard

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

Skinner is entering his prime vs Brassard leaving it and being on a downhill trend for 2 years matters when evaluating their potential for the upcoming season as well as for an extension, which factors into trade value. Plus Skinner scoring as much as he did with practically no offensive help as opposed to Brassard putting up points on much more offensively gifted teams plays a role as well. Brassard's "better" playmaking is completely pedestrian and in line with what players like Jordan Staal and Victor Rask bring to the table.

Last edited by a moderator:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Okay, based on what? What are you possibly basing this on? Because statistically, Brassard had a better pace than Skinner had this season and outscored Skinner in 2 of the 3 seasons before this season. Brassard is also a center who's solid defensively, while Skinner is a winger who's atrocious defensively.

There's really nothing to support the thought that Skinner is better than Brassard unless you're solely looking at his 2016-2017 season. Skinner in most of his seasons has been about a 50 point winger. Brassard for most of his career has been about a 50 point center.

Not only that but centers are worth more than wings.

That's just the way it is and we had oodles of historical data to support that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->