Confirmed with Link: Brassard for 2018 1st + Gustavsson + Cole...or not...maybe, some time. Eventually. Probably?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Looks like one helluva trade, we'll have to wait and see how the team shakes out, but I can't imagine them looking anything other than great.

I liked Reaves and thought he got a raw deal from a certain segment of the fanbase. He did his job and he looked like a decent hockey player when paired with an NHL center.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Correlation doesn't imply causation, especially when dealing with a relatively small sample.

Reaves was a bad player and a poor fit for our system to boot.

What I do know is that Sid, Geno, and Letang have been healthy all year, for the first time in years. But hey, at least there's a spot for Tom Kuhnackl now

Reactions: Riptide

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Well, if we had no intention of re-signing either Cole or Reaves, then THIS is how you treat your pending UFA's. Last off-season hurt a bit because of what was lost for nothing.

I would like to add some toughness before next season starts. JR is banking on Oleksiak being the deterrent now, and without that acquisition then this one would have not felt nearly as comfortable.

Let's just hope our divisional rivals don't suddenly grow in stature and bravery because we sent 75 to Vegas.

I also want to mention that VGK now boast 5 ex-Pens. If we were to meet in the Finals, that would be really, really cool.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
That real estate market is like an alternate reality. Not my cup of tea - if I'm plunking down $500K, I would want a 5BR with a pool in the burbs with ample parking..

But props to you for going after those opportunities. It's boomtown there
I'm working on one, I don't own it.

Yeah, some of it is polishing a turd, but some are being done right.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
What I do know is that Sid, Geno, and Letang have been healthy all year, for the first time in years. But hey, at least there's a spot for Tom Kuhnackl now

Yeah bro, we totally made this trade so Kühnhackl could play. It's not like we added a legit top 6 center to our third line and can now put Sheahan in a position where he's a significant asset.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Well, if we had no intention of re-signing either Cole or Reaves, then THIS is how you treat your pending UFA's. Last off-season hurt a bit because of what was lost for nothing.

I would like to add some toughness before next season starts. JR is banking on Oleksiak being the deterrent now, and without that acquisition then this one would have not felt nearly as comfortable.

Let's just hope our divisional rivals don't suddenly grow in stature and bravery because we sent 75 to Vegas.

I also want to mention that VGK now boast 5 ex-Pens. If we were to meet in the Finals, that would be really, really cool.

We just shipped out our toughness. Can't see them getting any back, unless the same shit starts happening the rest of the year. The same shit that happens every year.

Oh well, it's worth it for another Cup

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
So I am confused easily I suppose...

But why would Vegas do this? They traded Brassard to us for a 4th and Reaves is they way the transaction is written up. I mean we got Brassard, Sens got Cole, 1st, 3rd and goalie prospect, Vegas got Reaves a 4th and alot of retention on Brassard.

So what am i Missing here, what's in it for GMGM ?

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
We actually have a couple guys on the roster who can throw 'em now (Big Rig and ZAR), and as much as I wanted Reaves to work here, that Washington game was the last straw.

Yeah, Oleksiak was a steal in a couple ways. I liked Reaves in theory, but he was replaced with better players, so much the better for us. But he did help get us through a few games (like Winnipeg) that traditionally would have been dicey, so his work was done here.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
So I am confused easily I suppose...

But why would Vegas do this? They traded Brassard to us for a 4th and Reaves is they way the transaction is written up. I mean we got Brassard, Sens got Cole, 1st, 3rd and goalie prospect, Vegas got Reaves a 4th and alot of retention on Brassard.

So what am i Missing here, what's in it for GMGM ?

Not having a western team have Brassard

Reactions: orby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->