Rumor: Brassard close to signing with the Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Would be his fifth team in three years.
He’s a UFA it was always going to be his 5th team in three years he’s been moved as a rental

Someone was going to sign him. Isles need a bottom 6 natural center. He fits the bill and if it’s only one year like reported it’s not a risk.

I would have preferred Boyle though.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If he signs for a reasonable term and dollars, more power the the Islanders.

Will they get lit up the way Oiler fans were when it was rumored he was coming to Edmonton? Stay tuned.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If he signs for a reasonable term and dollars, more power the the Islanders.

Will they get lit up the way Oiler fans were when it was rumored he was coming to Edmonton? Stay tuned.

Those days are over. I partied all night after midnight July 1st because McKenzie and others all but made it seem we landed Panarin. Obviously this is no where close to that but as the great President Bush said

“ fool me once, Shame on, Shame on me? Fool me..... can’t get fooled again”

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Wonder how oilers fans are taking this...
honestly I wanted him here, but it was a coin flip if he would bomb here worse than Reider or not

We would have targeted Brassard as a top six wing/center, but had the benefit of perhaps falling into a 3C role if that didn't pan out, or our other 3C options didn't pan out.

But, someone like Maroon would be better as a top six complementary winger. So perhaps there is still a signing for us.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Oilers fans were saying he was their solution to their 3C problem. Wonder what they think now...
He may have been a solid addition for the Oilers for cheap if he turned things around a bit. It sucks as an Oilers fan but I'll get over it. We've had worse scenarios of having high expectations of someone becoming an Oiler but finding out it's not true at the last minute. See: Heatley.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
He may have been a solid addition for the Oilers for cheap if he turned things around a bit. It sucks as an Oilers fan but I'll get over it. We've had worse scenarios of having high expectations of someone becoming an Oiler but finding out it's not true at the last minute. See: Heatley.

Are you talking about the time when Heatley played for the Ice Tigers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad