Rumor: Brassard close to signing with the Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
well with all the darts the oilers are using on projects hopefully some of them work out.

seems kinda like a weird signing cuz even tho there is a spot at 3c for him he has sucked in the bottom six since he got put there on the pens.

(assuming this is real)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He's scored 14 or more goals in 6 straight years, even last year in only 70 games which was a bad year by his metrics. He can play center or they can play him in the top six at the wing spot.

Would be a good addition for the Oilers if cheap.

Reactions: T Maks

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Fine with this especially if it's paired with a Sheahan PTO. I don't see Brassard producing any better in our bottom six than he did on the different teams last season. This is a signing for the top six IMO.

Reactions: TopCheese

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Fine with this especially if it's paired with a Sheahan PTO. I don't see Brassard producing any better in our bottom six than he did on the different teams last season. This is a signing for the top six IMO.
is he any good at wing or do you put hopkins on lw ?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I would bet the Oilers promised him some time in the top 6 with Nugent Hopkins.

He can do OK there and gives Tippet another center when needed.

14 goals in 70 games isn't that bad, yeah he had a rough go of it but moving that often is jarring for any player.

14 goals for any bottom 6 player on the Oilers last year would've been unreal ... a look at some of the Oilers bottom 6 scoring last year ...

Strome + Spooner - 3 goals combined
Puljujarvi - 4 goals
Lucic - 6 goals
Reider - 0 goals
Khaira - 2 goals

Brassard - 14 goals

To say he wouldn't help is a reach.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I would bet the Oilers promised him some time in the top 6 with Nugent Hopkins.

He can do OK there and gives Tippet another center when needed.

14 goals in 70 games isn't that bad, yeah he had a rough go of it but moving that often is jarring for any player.

14 goals for any bottom 6 player on the Oilers last year would've been unreal ... a look at some of the Oilers bottom 6 scoring last year ...

Strome + Spooner - 3 goals combined
Puljujarvi - 4 goals
Lucic - 6 goals
Reider - 0 goals
Khaira - 2 goals

Brassard - 14 goals

To say he wouldn't help is a reach.
i think chiasson would be top of that list for the goals he scored before moving up to the top six. he was shooting 50 percent down there before getting moved up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad