Brass Bonanza is COMING

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Carolina Hurricanes are planning on using "Brass Bonanza" as their goal song for their Dec. 23 game against the Bruins where they wear full Hartford Whalers get-up.

Hopefully that announcement didn't jinx the team.

It would help if the Bruins trade for Mike Smith, Scott Darling or Corey Schneider for the game.

Last edited:

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Wow, what a slap in face to Hartford and Hartford fans.

Bad enough Carolina stole their team. Now they're taking their history and traditions and uniforms too.

If my team ever got relocated, I'd want them to just re-brand the thing and start over and leave the past in the past. I don't think I could stomach watching my former team parade its heritage from my city in front of the fans of its new city.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Bad enough Carolina stole their team. Now they're taking their history and traditions and uniforms too.

If my team ever got relocated, I'd want them to just re-brand the thing and start over and leave the past in the past. I don't think I could stomach watching my former team parade its heritage from my city in front of the fans of its new city.
Yeah, let me shed a single tear. Wait, nah, after "whalercanes", "Move back to Hartford", and "bring back the Whale" we've had to listen to for over 20 years, including ESPN calling them the Whalers and not the Canes when showing highlights of the Canes winning the Cup earlier that night in 2006, and the ESPN call of the 2002 moment the Canes advanced saying "Its strange but true, the Carolina Hurricanes are going to the Stanley Cup Finals"

Nah, sorry. If appropriating the Whale angers those people, then I'm all for it.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yeah, let me shed a single tear. Wait, nah, after "whalercanes", "Move back to Hartford", and "bring back the Whale" we've had to listen to for over 20 years, including ESPN calling them the Whalers and not the Canes when showing highlights of the Canes winning the Cup earlier that night in 2006, and the ESPN call of the 2002 moment the Canes advanced saying "Its strange but true, the Carolina Hurricanes are going to the Stanley Cup Finals"

Nah, sorry. If appropriating the Whale angers those people, then I'm all for it.

I so badly want the Oklahoma City Thunder to have a Seattle Sonics night before their inevitable return for responses like MayDays.

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
So stupid Carolina is doing this but I guess if your doing it you might as well go all out.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Or, you know, it acknowledges that Hartford existed and is a part of a NHL history.

How are they taking anything? It’s one home game and one away game.

I get that we’re supposed to be outraged by everything that happens nowadays but give me a break.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Or, you know, it acknowledges that Hartford existed and is a part of a NHL history.

How are they taking anything? It’s one home game and one away game.

I get that we’re supposed to be outraged by everything that happens nowadays but give me a break.
The one thing I ask as a Whalers fan is that they donate some of the proceeds from the Whalers jerseys to the Connecticut Children's Hospital because that was the Whalers official charity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad