Value of: Brandon Sutter

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Anyone want him for free or for an equally bad contract that can play RW on the 3rd or 4th line?

He sucks now. Never was a fan of him either, but he isn't even good at his best trait... being a puck hound. He's lazy. 4C, 3w level player now.

you know he sucks yet you make a value thread on him. Your agenda is wide open.

Reactions: skyo

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
if the Canucks could have traded Sutter, they'd have done it by now. But his contract and two injury-plagued seasons make that virtually impossible.

Besides, according to Cap Friendly Sutter has a limited NTC in his contract, which probably means there's a bunch of teams he can say 'no' to. So it'll take a miracle for Benning to deal him.

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Ya..... to see if a real sucky player is worth annnnything ffs.

He's not though.

he doesn't know how much is a really sucky player is worth?

if the Canucks could have traded Sutter, they'd have done it by now. But his contract and two injury-plagued seasons make that virtually impossible.

Besides, according to Cap Friendly Sutter has a limited NTC in his contract, which probably means there's a bunch of teams he can say 'no' to. So it'll take a miracle for Benning to deal him.

apparently during the 2018 tail end of the season there were rumors that Las vegas L.A and San Jose had interest in him.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I get it, that Sutter plays on the Canucks, and has 2 injured seasons, but he has played some "decent" hockey, and has played with the Sedins in the past, as well as being a decent PK, and Face Off guy. Yup, he is getting older and yes he has been injured to much, but he is a decent 3rd line player. Decent enough to have teams enquire about him for the playoffs, and versatile to play practically anywhere in the bottom 6 on 1/2 the NHL teams.

In saying all that, there would have to be retention, to make it worth while, no doubt. But I think Vancouver keeps him to start the season...….there are better guys to demote or trade than Sutter.....anyone want Eriksson? LOL

Reactions: bh53

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
you know he sucks yet you make a value thread on him. Your agenda is wide open.
What even is this post?

Do you live in a world where bad contracts don't get moved? Because, in reality, they do get moved.

Usually for another one. Hence the post where I state "looking for another bad contract".

lawrence

May 19, 2012
What even is this post?

Do you live in a world where bad contracts don't get moved? Because, in reality, they do get moved.

Usually for another one. Hence the post where I state "looking for another bad contract".

I posted this because you posted this thread. It's been obvious that the fans here never liked him anyways, including their very own. So why make this thread?

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I posted this because you posted this thread. It's been obvious that the fans here never liked him anyways, including their very own. So why make this thread?
I still don't understand your post. There doesn't seem to be any relevance between your first two sentences and the question you're posing.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I would heavily consider it.

Think it makes some sense for both sides. Oilers have NHL ready LHD chomping at the bit in Jones and Lagesson and need a 3C, particularly a right handed one. When healthy, Sutter is exactly that.

Canucks save some pocket change and - IMO - upgrade on Benn on their third pairing and open up a roster spot for one of the young forwards they have coming.

Last edited:

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Think it makes some sense for both sides. Oilers have NHL ready LHD chomping at the bit in Jones and Lagesson and need a 3C, particularly a right handed one. When healthy, Sutter is exactly that.

Canucks save some pocket change and - IMO - upgrade on Benn on their third pairing and open up a roster spot for one of the young forwards they have coming.
makes sense, probs a good trade for both sides. but, those optics for benn are bad so I'd just press box russell.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That’s funny. The Oilers still have Neal who has a worse contract than Sutter.

Us having Neal has nothing to do with his offer . Sutter is a cap dump . Canuck fans wanted a 1st from the Oilers to take Lucic while sending us back Eriksson . So his offer is using the same logic the Canuck fans used . Not that I view them as real offers they are just a way to bash the Oilers .

I think CO offer is probably fair . I am just not sure we should have so many rookie D on the roster at one time , I think Russell for Sutter fills a need for both teams . I am sure the Oilers could find a deal to pick up a vet D

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Sutter doesn’t suck, but his contract sucks he outweighs his mediocrity. No team would want to pay anything of value for him.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
After Eriksson, Sutter has gotta be the most pooped on Canuck by our fans, but when other fans dare to call him not an NHLer we MUST point out that hes a solid 12th or 13th forward on our 26th overall team.

Thats something

;)

Reactions: I Am A Goon

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So you use points for a defensive shutdown 3rd line center, and the plus minus the worst stat in hockey

Ok my bad

7078373B-E9CC-4EC9-9353-F58363FD1CF3.jpeg
190F0D90-4545-41D2-8338-CAB596A602AB.jpeg

Reactions: Peen

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Us having Neal has nothing to do with his offer . Sutter is a cap dump . Canuck fans wanted a 1st from the Oilers to take Lucic while sending us back Eriksson . So his offer is using the same logic the Canuck fans used . Not that I view them as real offers they are just a way to bash the Oilers .

I think CO offer is probably fair . I am just not sure we should have so many rookie D on the roster at one time , I think Russell for Sutter fills a need for both teams . I am sure the Oilers could find a deal to pick up a vet D
It seemed as if he was bragging about the Canucks having Sutter while his own team still has a much worse contract.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018

Sutter is nowhere near as bad a player as Lucic and his contract has only two more years on it whereas Lucic has four years left. Sutter is way less risky to take on than Lucic.

Yes, he is overpaid but he is still an effective bottom six player and good on the pk and faceoffs.He has struggled with injuries the past couple years. He's not an exciting player but gets the job done and can score in a secondary role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->