Player Discussion Brandon Sutter. Defensive Center. One More Year Remaining at $4.375 AAV (w/ M-NTC).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What about Sutter for that Tyler Benson kid?
Don't tempt Jimbo....his track record in acquiring another team's stagnating or declining prospects is beyond bad.

If he's going to trade the likes of Sutter, Benn, Pearson, Holtby or Virtanen, he needs to get draft picks back....period.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Should be looking at straight liquidity for all our players. Only take on players that are gone after this year. Preferably ones we can also flip.
Get the currency for the offseason.

Hopefully Aquilini can find some money cause this team can and will turn around in a hurry.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
What’s funny is that Sutter / Motte are actually good bottom 6 players if they are paid correctly.

beagle , hawerlyk, Gaudette , etc are not.

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
^But Motte is paid correctly, but Sutter is not. Sutter doesnt even make his linemates better which a center should be doing.... If we can trade Beagle and sign Sutter to league minimum for our 4th line center id be ok with that.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
If Sutter made $1.2175 million or less I wouldnt complain too much about his awful ice hockey play

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Has two points in fifteen games since his games vs OttawAHL

One being an ENG.

dump quick get pick

Reactions: victoriacanucker

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I think you mean we have to give up a pick to dump him quick.
Drance suggested that they need to launder the money by paying a team a late pick to eat money.

Canucks retain 50%, trade to team Y who then retains 50% and flips to team X.

Some team basically gets a free late pick, canucks upgrade a few rounds in the draft, and some team gets a $1MM Brandon Sutter.

He also said that we haven’t seen management here make a deal that takes creativity like that in seven years

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Brandon Sutter has at least a legit excuse imho (multiple injuries) that have had a real impact on his performance. Had at least one solid season for us. Unlike some other stiffs on the payroll (or were on the payroll).

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Brandon Sutter has at least a legit excuse imho (multiple injuries) that have had a real impact on his performance. Had at least one solid season for us. Unlike some other stiffs on the payroll (or were on the payroll).

He says he feels great and the injuries are behind him. Completely healthy and on pace for 0 assists.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Drance suggested that they need to launder the money by paying a team a late pick to eat money.

Canucks retain 50%, trade to team Y who then retains 50% and flips to team X.

Some team basically gets a free late pick, canucks upgrade a few rounds in the draft, and some team gets a $1MM Brandon Sutter.

He also said that we haven’t seen management here make a deal that takes creativity like that in seven years
No more than 50% of any player’s contract can be retained, no matter how many teams are retaining. I’m surprised a hockey journalist would overlook this.

Reactions: F A N

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
No more than 50% of any player’s contract can be retained, no matter how many teams are retaining. I’m surprised a hockey journalist would overlook this.
Okay, I might have perceived it wrong and misunderstood what he said. Didn’t know that was a rule.

Maybe he didn’t mean that but that’s definitely how I perceived it.

(If anyone wants to check the vancast from today)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm sure the Oilers would be interested in Sutter as a playoff rental...makes a lot of sense for them. And the Sabres are stuck using 35-year Carter Hutton after injuries to their goaltenders.....they've been linked to Holtby.

Where there's smoke, there's probably fire. But I have zero confidence that Jimbo will be able to put anything together with these teams. He either 'runs out of time' or 'runs out of ideas'.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Okay, I might have perceived it wrong and misunderstood what he said. Didn’t know that was a rule.

Maybe he didn’t mean that but that’s definitely how I perceived it.

(If anyone wants to check the vancast from today)
As many as two teams can retain on the same contract. It it possible he was just talking about that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->