Recalled/Assigned: Brandon Segal Called Up (sent back to the Whale 1/20)

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Steven? Watch Segal score the first goal of the season

I sat next to Steven once at a fancy restaurant in Chicago. Boy did he ever want "to get one". Quite the character to say the least. A former employee of mine was a masseuse at a fancy hotel in Stockholm when she had him as a client. He really wanted a happy ending to his back rub apparently.

I see him getting a nice role in the next "Expendables" movie.
Our Segal otoh can get one tonight!

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
I wouldn't say Armstrong is shot, last couple of years he's been battling some serious injuries. If healthy, I would rather see him on our 4th line then Asham.

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
Better fighter maybe, but better player?!?!?.....lol
Personally I think he can play a similar type of game as Asham when it comes to being physical but a Armstrong is the better player.
Asham has what 92 goals in 13 seasons vs. Colby at 84 in 8 seasons, which by the way he's missed most of the past two seasons due to injury.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
He got a concussion, that's why he wasn't in the Rangers training camp.

I was really glad to see him get a ATO last season , it comes well deserved. I called it last season that he'll turn into a decent prospect for someone at no cost. How's he been playing ? I can see he's contributing offensively okay and I always found him not to be a liability defensively.. Thoughts? Has his game translated well to the pro game?

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I was really glad to see him get a ATO last season , it comes well deserved. I called it last season that he'll turn into a decent prospect for someone at no cost. How's he been playing ? I can see he's contributing offensively okay and I always found him not to be a liability defensively.. Thoughts? Has his game translated well to the pro game?

Hrivik was a PPG player in last year's AHL POs. He started out slowly this year, but reports out of Hartford were that he was really coming on recently. He was rumored to be the one kid that they were going to invite to the big club's camp, but the concussion screwed that up for him. If he wasn't hurt, he would likely be the forward playing in place of Asham during his suspension. The organization is high on Hrivik - they think they may have found a diamond in the rough with him.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Yep. Segal was basically Kris Newbury. See no reason why he should be a fixture on the 4th line.

Yeah, I was wondering what all the hype in this thread was about. He's not a skill player. He can chip in an occasional garbage goal in the AHL just by virtual of his effort, but not much more. Newbury is a superior player at the AHL level. NB is the Messier of the AHL whereas Segal is the Graves of the AHL. (Not even Graves in his best seasons.)

I think people will like Hrivik much more when he's called up.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Not sure why a SINGLE human being on these boards deluded themselves into thinking Segal was anything more than an emergency call up, career AHLer.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Rangers sent him down after the game, does he have to go on waivers to get back, not that anyone would claim him, just wondering?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Rangers sent him down after the game, does he have to go on waivers to get back, not that anyone would claim him, just wondering?

yea he does but he was on waivers to come up, no one will take him your right

Torts is funny saying Segal can be part of the bottom 6 then 1 game and out,lol.............CT needs him more than the Rangers. Who knows who gets the call next if someone goes down but th top 12 is obvious

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

Why do we always have this discussion? Minor leaguers never ever ever get claimed because to claim one guy, you have to expose another. For a player to be claimed, he has to be significantly better than someone already on your roster whom you previously protected. Not a little better, but significantly so because teams don't like making changes for no reason, bringing in new guys nobody personally knows at the expense of someone who's a friend in the locker room and would be missed.

No, Segal is never going to get claimed. Neither will the 900 other minor leaguers that we'll put through waivers the net few years.

seabird

Sep 26, 2010
Why do we always have this discussion? Minor leaguers never ever ever get claimed because to claim one guy, you have to expose another. For a player to be claimed, he has to be significantly better than someone already on your roster whom you previously protected. Not a little better, but significantly so because teams don't like making changes for no reason, bringing in new guys nobody personally knows at the expense of someone who's a friend in the locker room and would be missed.

No, Segal is never going to get claimed. Neither will the 900 other minor leaguers that we'll put through waivers the net few years.

Yeah, kinda like how the stars picked up segal off waivers from LA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad