Recalled/Assigned: Brandon Segal Called Up (sent back to the Whale 1/20)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well isn't that special.

I guess its the kind of thing we'd expect, whoever filled in for Asham wasn't going to log a boatload of minutes.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
He'll be here for opening night while Asham is serving the remainder of his suspension and nothing more.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
In a few years when I'm taking a sporcle quiz and Im missing one person from the opening night roster, this move will upset me.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I think it's pretty clear that the org was not overly impressed with Haley.

On an unrelated note Segal is a dead ringer for Dane Cook.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Don't love the idea of suspensions carrying across 9 calender months.

I could see a major suspension, say more than 10 games, but having the last game of 4 served this much later just seems kind of nit-picky.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Asham gets a bit lucky to still dress in the blue sweater for the home opening introductions.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
My guess is that the Rangers want Haley to get more comfortable in the system before bringing him up. Segal has been decent in the AHL this year and has more experience.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not sure why no one is reporting this one.

According to the AHL Transactions page, Brandon Segal has been called up to the Rangers.

Perhaps Bickel/Gilroy won't be dressing as the 12th forward on opening night after all. Interesting that they went with Segal, and not Newbury.

AHL Transactions

Segal's HockeyDB Page

bold says it all, that and that they don't figure Haley's ready.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Kid gets a chance. He impresses torts for one game and maybe he gets called up again. He's looked good for the whale.

This thread also exceeds IMO the "meh" limit in response to a post.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so did this dude play RW on the 4th line today? I rather have him then a Dman in Bickel on RW

btw Segal is almost 30 with NHL experience and would be happy to sit around as a spare and get an NHL paycheck, so its a good move to bring up a guy like this. IF they need a 3rd liner then they likely go another route like Kolarik

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I would sooner see Steve MacIntyre dropping against some of them Bruin punks like Thornton and Lucic . I don't see us having anybody to match against Lucic or Carkner/NYI . Hopefully the King does not get bowled over like Miller got last season . Our season could be ended pretty darn quick . Having a heavyweight for the short season would have been a good idea and Rupp/AA/Bickle are not heavyweights . Carkner will probably hurt at least one of our guys before this season ends .

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I would sooner see Steve MacIntyre dropping against some of them Bruin punks like Thornton and Lucic . I don't see us having anybody to match against Lucic or Carkner/NYI . Hopefully the King does not get bowled over like Miller got last season . Our season could be ended pretty darn quick . Having a heavyweight for the short season would have been a good idea and Rupp/AA/Bickle are not heavyweights . Carkner will probably hurt at least one of our guys before this season ends .

You know who worries about this **** instead of the game?

Unsuccessful teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->