Value of: Brandon Saad

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Saad for Callahan? If Saad is going to be a 4th liner or healthy scratch Chicago can get a player who is better suited for that bottom 6 role, saves Chicago a little in cap and has 1 less year left on his deal which expires when DeBrincat is due a raise. For Tampa they get a guy with higher upside who could possibly turn it around with a change of scenery. The extra year and higher cap hit aren't ideal but if he improves can be a future trade piece and his buyout would be cheaper than Callahan's the first two years if it came to that.

You would have been better off offering a 7th

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What does that make Callahan then? a 5.8 million cap penalty?

We already know he has zero to negative value, we aren't trying to trade him for anything of value. His contract is also better than Saad if he can't get back to a 50 point player.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
We already know he has zero to negative value, we aren't trying to trade him for anything of value. His contract is also better than Saad if he can't get back to a 50 point player.

Except for the fact that Saad has shown he can be a nhl player when he wants to be and has a chance to rebound even if it is not with Chicago meanwhile Tampa's honorary LTIR captain has no upside at all he is 33 cant stay healthy to save his life and has not even score 30 points since 2015.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
EVen last year Saad was one of the best scoring chance generators in the league. Too much hate on my man.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Saad for Callahan? If Saad is going to be a 4th liner or healthy scratch Chicago can get a player who is better suited for that bottom 6 role, saves Chicago a little in cap and has 1 less year left on his deal which expires when DeBrincat is due a raise. For Tampa they get a guy with higher upside who could possibly turn it around with a change of scenery. The extra year and higher cap hit aren't ideal but if he improves can be a future trade piece and his buyout would be cheaper than Callahan's the first two years if it came to that.
Lmao Chicago would have to be Pejorative Slured

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Lmao Chicago would have to be ******ed

My bad, I should've suggested Foote + Raddysh + 2nd. I forget to check Saad's advaced stats to see how awesome he is not the fact he makes 6mil, put up only 35 points last year, has been demoted to the 4th line and is signed for 3 more years.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
hose em just trolling..he knows saad has value
Probably, he does that a lot. Anyway i think Saad has a lot of value, he was super unlucky points wise last season considering how many chances he got as well as unsustainably low secondary assists

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I really suspect Saad will rebound. Unless Chicago is absolutely sure he will bottom out and be a cap dump quality player, they should honestly keep him and challenge him to turn his play around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->