Brandon Saad...Rock Bottom?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
We already know the outcome of the trade. It ****ing sucked.

I knew at the time how much it sucked. It boggles my mind how many here were defending it at the time. Not trying to be all "I told you so" but just saying, there is really no denying it. The trade was a big fat L.
So you were celebrating when Saad was traded for Anisimov and Dano too? There's no guarantee the Hawks could have signed Panarin without making promises on April 2015.

I agree ... the straight up trade for Panarin for Saad and Forsberg looks to be disaster, unless Panarin leaves CBus for nothing next year. However, are you factoring in how we got Panarin in the first place and Anisimov? Like I said, there are a lot of moving parts to the 3 year Panarin / Saad saga.

3 things to know about Artemi Panarin

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Lol, and you critize Bowman

I am guessing you are implying the TT/Bickell trade, I criticize Bowman when he gets rid of ONE year of Bickel which was $3M(4-AHL burry) in cap savings for TT which is now a 60+ point young player and still to this day getting paid peanuts against the cap. I am not sure why you don’t understand this simple concept as Seabrook’s contract on the other hand is a very destructive long term contract that is basically unmovable unless you flat out include a star. I was simply suggesting no matter how unrealistic this whole thing could have been st the time, instead of getting Saad in return you could have gotten rid of a huge dead weight on the team. Anyway the real mistake was getting rid of Panarin period. Bowman made huge mistakes, TT, Panarin and Danault are all getting paid peanuts and under a srmart GM they all would have been in Chicago this year winning a cup.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am guessing you are implying the TT/Bickell trade, I criticize Bowman when he gets rid of ONE year of Bickel which was $3M(4-AHL burry) in cap savings for TT which is now a 60+ point young player and still to this day getting paid peanuts against the cap. I am not sure why you don’t understand this simple concept as Seabrook’s contract on the other hand is a very destructive long term contract that is basically unmovable unless you flat out include a star. I was simply suggesting no matter how unrealistic this whole thing could have been st the time, instead of getting Saad in return you could have gotten rid of a huge dead weight on the team. Anyway the real mistake was getting rid of Panarin period. Bowman made huge mistakes, TT, Panarin and Danault are all getting paid peanuts and under a srmart GM they all would have been in Chicago this year winning a cup.
he is laughing at you because you have bitched over Bowman and his trades, then propose we should have traded Panarin with Seabs to remove that contract hahahahahahahahaha....I f***ing give up on here, the level of stupidity is spreading like a disease.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
That’s not a great argument as Saad’s contract has negative value, the two extra years are bad not good. We would rather have 6M in free cap space than Saad at this point so I am really confused how people somehow state that as a positive. Also Panarin might leave Columbus true but most likely would have stuck around in Chicago, and now the Hawks are gonna be in cap trouble is they try to get Panarin back with Saad taking up 6M.
as long as AA, Seabs are on the team, the team will always have cap issue.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
he is laughing at you because you have *****ed over Bowman and his trades, then propose we should have traded Panarin with Seabs to remove that contract hahahahahahahahaha....I ****ing give up on here, the level of stupidity is spreading like a disease.
Uhhh yeah, you got it.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Why draft picks? Panarin’s Contract could have been used to get rid of Seabrook...
for me, Seab's contract is the death penalty to the team. so yeah moving Seab contract, the team will need to add someone like Pan to sweeten the deal.

however trading Pan for getting rid Seab contract, the fans will have a huge outcry from the fan and instant termination of SB and rightfully so.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
he is laughing at you because you have *****ed over Bowman and his trades, then propose we should have traded Panarin with Seabs to remove that contract hahahahahahahahaha....I ****ing give up on here, the level of stupidity is spreading like a disease.

How is that laughable exactly? Please explain! It’s funny if I had written a message like that it would have been deleted so fast lol. Double standards I guess.

But the the level of stupidity is mind boggling indeed. It was a HYPOTHETICAL trade suggestion back in time, what I meant was very simple, if you were going to trade an elite player like Panarin at least don’t let him go in vain. I was giving an example of how it would have been used to solve team’s cap issues instead of making them worse with the Panarin-Saad trade.

You just fail to understand how the cap works, go to cap friendly and educate yourself on the matter, it’s not that hard to figure out.

Personally I would have just kept Panarin and that had already been overstated.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
for me, Seab's contract is the death penalty to the team. so yeah moving Seab contract, the team will need to add someone like Pan to sweeten the deal.

however trading Pan for getting rid Seab contract, the fans will have a huge outcry from the fan and instant termination of SB and rightfully so.

Thank you, at least someone gets it.

You are right the outcry would have been real and he would have looked like an idiot practically admitting he messed up big time with that Seabs contract.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Seabrook has been fine this season and the cap has continued to go up. He will make it until we get a compliance buyout.

@Blackhawks you arent moderated anymore than the rest of us.

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and migi

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
This is classic stupid Q. Benches saad All the while plays guys like Luke Johnson, Martinsen and the dessicated husk of Chris Kunitz 10:00 mins a night and that’s being generous.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Seabrook has been fine this season and the cap has continued to go up. He will make it until we get a compliance buyout.

Seriously, Seabrook isn’t the dumpster fire Rutta and Manning are

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I'm not sure why people still try to have a discussion with him. I mean, he's always the smartest guy in the room, yano? Who can argue with that? :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

yes i had real doubt going into this season that Seabs would turn it around and play good. you and i am sure many others who see this are correct. as i am saying, i am pleasantly surprise.

now the ugly question, rhetorical in a way but if the reason for this turn around is off season training, does that mean with a new hefty contract in the books, Seabs just mail in his off season training b/c he felt like it ???

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
yes i had real doubt going into this season that Seabs would turn it around and play good. you and i am sure many others who see this are correct. as i am saying, i am pleasantly surprise.

now the ugly question, rhetorical in a way but if the reason for this turn around is off season training, does that mean with a new hefty contract in the books, Seabs just mail in his off season training b/c he felt like it ???

More like the league got faster, and he got older, more than anything, IMO. He's 33 years old, and has been in the league for 13 years. He has played over 1000 regular season games, and 123 playoff games. And played some hard minutes in most of those. He has a lot of miles on those tires.

I imagine it was a lot of hard work to lean up in the offseason, to try and get faster, and extend his time in the league. Guy deserves a ton of credit. He could have just sat back and collected his paycheck.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm not sure why people still try to have a discussion with him. I mean, he's always the smartest guy in the room, yano? Who can argue with that? :laugh:
pls forgive me on my, this post..... but a board/forum need those with disconcerting opinions.... it make the board jump......

my 2 cents.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
pls forgive me on my, this post..... but a board/forum need those with disconcerting opinions.... it make the board jump......

my 2 cents.

The board has no need for someone who thinks every other person who posts is dumb, and doesn't know anything about hockey. It's literally in every one of his posts. Everyone else is dumb, and he's the only one who knows anything about the sport. There is no conversation with someone who has that "opinion".

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
More like the league got faster, and he got older, more than anything, IMO. He's 33 years old, and has been in the league for 13 years. He has played over 1000 regular season games, and 123 playoff games. And played some hard minutes in most of those. He has a lot of miles on those tires.

I imagine it was a lot of hard work to lean up in the offseason, to try and get faster, and extend his time in the league. Guy deserves a ton of credit. He could have just sat back and collected his paycheck.

in a majority of what you wrote, i agree with and not ashame to admit, you are correct.

however for this discussion, many athletes knows that as one gets older, they have to work harder..... example, walter payton mentioning this in his hey days.

btw, i respect and agree with you on the credit part...... but he and many other players do not deserve a free pass b/c he is a fan favorite.... not in today's cap era.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
in a majority of what you wrote, i agree with and not ashame to admit, you are correct.

however for this discussion, many athletes knows that as one gets older, they have to work harder..... example, walter payton mentioning this in his hey days.

btw, i respect and agree with you on the credit part...... but he and many other players do not deserve a free pass b/c he is a fan favorite.... not in today's cap era.

No one gave him a free pass.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

He doesn't. I never said he did. He got some of the worst criticism this board has ever thrown at a player over the past couple years. Rightfully so. And he worked hard to get out from under that. Hopefully he continues his solid play throughout the year.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The board has no need for someone who thinks every other person who posts is dumb, and doesn't know anything about hockey. It's literally in every one of his posts. Everyone else is dumb, and he's the only one who knows anything about the sport. There is no conversation with someone who has that "opinion".

well that quickly turn it around for me...... i knew i should have stayed neutral and kept my old fingers from typing.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
He doesn't. I never said he did. He got some of the worst criticism this board has ever thrown at a player over the past couple years. Rightfully so. And he worked hard to get out from under that. Hopefully he continues his solid play throughout the year.

then i stand corrected. it just appears to me, last season as i critique him and his performance, i was met with opposite pov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->