Brandon Saad or Tyler Biggs?

91Kadri91*

Which one is the more prototypical power forward?

Which one has the better chance to get 100 PIMS while being able to score a bit, play strong along the boards, be a leader, open up space for his teammates and play with a chip on his shoulder. All the things you expect out of a true power forward.

I'm not saying either will become this player, but who has the better chance of doing so, Brandon Saad or Tyler Biggs?

Edit: feel free to mention others with a chance too become a player of this caliber.

Ryan English

@ryanenglish_FC
Nov 14, 2010
Halifax, NS
biggs could probably fit the PIMs criteria, but his offensive upside is kindof limited. High compete level though. Saad has a high upside but cant even win battles at the OHL level so Biggs.

who would you rather?
wayyyy tougher question

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Powerforward? Sadly Biggs and its not even close. I have no clue what wrong with Saad, all that size and hes one of the softest forwards in the OHL.

He learns how to, and its Saad AINEC.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
At the start of the year I loved Saad, thought he would make a nice top 10 pick. Just from reading this year it sounds like people are questioning his drive and physical play too much. I say Biggs.

Would Penner be a good comparison for Saad?

Both big guys with good offensive skills, just don't always play physical enough and hard enough and consistently enough.

MitchRobichaud

Jun 6, 2007
Halifax
www.hockeysense.ca
I'll throw in another name that fits this bill, although he's not as big as most power forwards, but he plays with a lot of intensity, J.T. Miller.

I think he fits the bill more than Biggs and Saad, he just hasn't played as many games this season as I would have liked.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Saad sounds like Peter Mueller to me. Big American kid who went the CHL route that possesses with a lethal shot, good offensive positioning and hockey sense, but soft as a baby's bottom and useless in the other two zones.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Saad sounds like Peter Mueller to me. Big American kid who went the CHL route that possesses with a lethal shot, good offensive positioning and hockey sense, but soft as a baby's bottom and useless in the other two zones.

i love those types of players. :laugh:

i'll take Saad, cuz i've heard more on him. i keep seeing Biggs ranked high on draft lists, and i still know nothing about him.

91Kadri91*

Thanks for all the responses. I'm also interested in how Colin Jacobs and Seth Ambroz (like mentioned above) compare too the power foward mold I presented in my original post.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
As PWF goes, Ambroz is light years in front of Saad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->