Brandon Saad 2018-19 expectations

Brandon Saad 2018-19 expectations

• Total voters

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
What do you expect from Saad this season? He was one of the most consistent players in the NHL, with 47, 52, 53 & 53 point seasons, before having his recent 35 point season...however he had the lowest shooting percentage of his career at 7.3%

Is he declining, or simply does not mesh with the team (Toews)? Or will he bounce back to his form, or have a career year.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
He wasn't great this year but I doubt we trade him when his value is at its lowest. Would be horrendous asset management to move him when he almost definitely will have a much better next couple seasons

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Depends if he plays with the anchor toews or not

Toews scored more than Saad.

You can be upset about Toews not producing enough to justify his contract, but misrepresenting facts does nothing for anybody.

This is not a defense of Toews’ performance, he needs to perform better and produce much more. Full stop.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
21 and 22 and another disappointing season. Demoted to 3rd line half way through the year.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
For the Hawks to do better than expected, Saad needs to score 30 goals. He needs to be a presence in front of the net and play solid D.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
For the Hawks to do better than expected, Saad needs to score 30 goals. He needs to be a presence in front of the net and play solid D.

Saad couldn't score in a bordello last season. Other than that, no issues. Hawk fans expect a bounce back season, offensively. But to say he needs to pot 30? Is a 50 point season failure? FWLIW, I don't think so.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Saad couldn't score in a bordello last season. Other than that, no issues. Hawk fans expect a bounce back season, offensively. But to say he needs to pot 30? Is a 50 point season failure? FWLIW, I don't think so.
It's not about meeting expectations. A 50 point season by Saad wouldn't bother me at all as long as he played solid D. However, for the Hawks to exceed expecations, we need Saad to score and be a presence in front of the net.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We need the Tin Man to find his heart and Pinocchio to turn from wood to human to have a good season.

Yep. That's one way to put it. Someone needs to tell Saad that he is not a pure goal scorer. He needs to find another way to be effective as was alluded to earlier: by going to the dirty areas and utilizing that big body better. I can see why Torts was upset with his game.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Saad at 25+25 with great 2 way play is arguably underpaid in an 80m cap world. If Hawks get that they should be ecstatic. Clear out the cap to go after Breadman next summer.

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat
Bread-Schmalt Liquor-Showtime

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Saad at 25+25 with great 2 way play is arguably underpaid in an 80m cap world. If Hawks get that they should be ecstatic. Clear out the cap to go after Breadman next summer.

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat

Actually think Panarin-Toews-Debrincat would be solid (similar to Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson)

Then Saad-Schmaltz-Kane

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat

I hope he can return to form and get to those numbers but the truth is Hawks fans have overrated Saad since he was first drafted. Stan was right by not giving in to his salary demands a few years back thus freeing him to sign elsewhere ...... but later the GM was desperate to get Hawks back on track when he traded for Saad to return. To date, it is one of the worst deals Stan has made as GM.

I still think Saad can be effective when the wick gets turned up in the playoffs, but playoffs are a pipe dream right now for this team under Q. Honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if Stan traded Saad away this summer.... preferably for top 4 Dman or a real power forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->