Brandon Prust's post game comments Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Habs fans can get on the ref about being unprofessional. But man, Prust certainly hurt his team's chances by calling out a ref like that. Apology might help a bit, but damage has been done...

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Bolded is where the unsportsmanlike or a misconduct should have happened. Watson should have kept is mouth shut and left it at that.

This is where the problem lies.
Flat out nonsense. Verbal warnings always precipitate real ones.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
After I read Fraser's book "The final call" it is clear that refs are more respected and prone to reach the players when they always keep their calm but of course talk back to a certain degree, at a banterlevel that is. Once a ref goes in affect he loses the players. It's like in classroom, teacher loses the pupils if losing the face.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
As if the hate for Montreal couldn't get any worse -- Prust just raised the bar again. :laugh: It was definitely not a smart thing to go public with it. If he really had a problem, go private.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
:laugh: Until last game their PP was as putrid as ours, so I don't foresee much of obliteration being done by either team with the PP.

But we do need to focus on winning games instead of the Prust fiasco and you would probably benefit from a little less obsessing over the Habs as well judging by the number of posts you made about this so far lol.

I've got no dog in the hunt. I'm admittedly just a fan with a team that underperformed and is on the outside looking in.

That said, i'm just thoroughly enjoying Prust pulling a Lucic. Totally different scenarios -- but very similar in the sense that it's two guys who did/said completely boneheaded things in the heat of losing.

Of course Habs fans almost uniformly called out Lucic for his idiocy last year -- and rightly so. Just returning the favor.:laugh:

Of course a select few fans seem to want to buy Prust's "gee, I'm just an innocent victim" card. Which is of course laughable..... and a little sad.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Prust cost us the game and probably the series

what ? we killed off the 4 min and the stuff at the end the game was already out of reach. Mabey he would have been better doing what all the other forwards did, mail it in an play passionless aphysical perimeter hockey down 4 goals at home. just accept their fate and go quietly into that good night.

undisciplined penalties ( By all) and the inability to score on the PP or stop a GD shot on the PK is what cost us game 2.

how many penalties did prust get when we allowed 4 PP goals on 4 PP shots ?

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
The truth is you were probably always looking for a reason to hate the habs, to prove yourself right, just like every other bruins, sens, leafs and just about any other teams fans. It's not a victim complex it's basically the truth, luckily or unluckily for everyone else the habs have a massive following.

We get it, they're a bunch of ********** who can only dive, cheat, hack and bribe refs to win games. Great.
Here is the stereotype.

Fans of the Canadiens do not care about hockey.

Fans of the Canadiens only care about being part of their Montreal culture.

Fans of the Canadiens only care about being different.

Fans of the Canadiens make for strange, odd, and unlikely hockey fans.

Fans of the Canadiens only know how many cups their team has won because someone in their family told them.

And it shows.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
What stereotype?

Most of the time people really keep telling themselves the habs are this or that, eventually they convince themselves. The truth is, the habs aren't overly dirty, but everything they do gets blown out of proportion, all the time. Of course there have been incidents with certain players, but Prust didn't start playing the way he does when he joined Montreal, neither did Weise. For the most part, who do people dislike?

Subban?
Prust?
Weise?
Gallagher?

What do Petry, Gilbert, Markov, Plekanec, Desharnais, Mithcell, Galchneyuk, Price, Parenteau, Flynn, Pacioretty etc. do that bothers people so much?

Basically nothing, perhaps even too little for our liking. The truth is you were probably always looking for a reason to hate the habs, to prove yourself right, just like every other bruins, sens, leafs and just about any other teams fans. It's not a victim complex it's basically the truth, luckily or unluckily for everyone else the habs have a massive following.

We get it, they're a bunch of ********** who can only dive, cheat, hack and bribe refs to win games. Great.

To be honest, Tom Gilbert is playing like the toughest guy on the ice with his full shield on. Guy's all of a sudden in every single scrum firing punches with his new full fishbowl.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Here is the stereotype.

Fans of the Canadiens only know how many cups their team has won because someone in their family told them.

And it shows.

We also care about all the tears. :cry:

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
We also care about all the tears. :cry:
Tears are quite awesome. No denying it. But the percentage of Montreal's tear-drinking that has anything to with the sport of hockey is much lower than in other cities.

Tears are drunk when armies are slaughtered, when Capitols are burned to the ground.

Is this what makes the tears so sweet? Events from the 1600s?

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
To be honest, Tom Gilbert is playing like the toughest guy on the ice with his full shield on. Guy's all of a sudden in every single scrum firing punches with his new full fishbowl.

Probably because he's upped his intensity in the playoffs, but we can also just say that he feels like more of a man with a full visor on. Whichever side you're on really.

Here is the stereotype.

And it shows.

I'd venture to say you're describing a segment of any fanbase and somehow you can't see that.

Jerk Store*

The bigger problem here is that Prust keeps going after goalies. At some point, a team will start going after Corey Price.

Mtl fans, I see you diverting attention from that and focusing on poor Prust being mistreated by the big bad ref. But when they start going for Price, what will the narrative be then?

Will be an interesting development to follow if it happens. Prust should be careful, cause the only reason they're there is between the pipes. Some team will see how things went with Bishop and and Anderson and reciprocate.

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
Here is the stereotype.

And it shows.

Seems to me you're not showing alot of respeck..

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
The bigger problem here is that Prust keeps going after goalies. At some point, a team will start going after Corey Price.

Mtl fans, I see you diverting attention from that and focusing on poor Prust being mistreated by the big bad ref. But when they start going for Price, what will the narrative be then?

Will be an interesting development to follow if it happens. Prust should be careful, cause the only reason they're there is between the pipes. Some team will see how things went with Bishop and and Anderson and reciprocate.

And the bigger problem would be if a team starts going after Carey Price, then you should worry..

Dallas Eakins*

Prust, Weise, if these guys knew how to keep their mouths shut without *****ing to the media about all the mean things people say to these punks on the ice maybe the Habs would have less of a reputation as pathetic whiners.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
Seriously? Lol

Kerry Fraser admitted that refs will do exactly this. So did Paul Stewart. Both ex-NHL refs, so their words should be trusted in this regard. Friedman seems to agree as well.

I think this has taken on a life of its own now.

Prust is an idiot, but it really does seem that the refs indeed "play god" to an extent in light of this. Paul Stewart's spiel was especially ridiculous.

Its outrageous to let your personal feelings get in the way when you have that much control over the outcome. This fraternity garbage of theirs is a complete joke in how it manifests itself, how puerile.

You have to be kidding me... an entire team has to pay the price for a grudge against an individual?

I guess from now on instead of betting on the better team to win, I should simply bet against the team that has more players the refs have begrudged.

Thats fine if the refs want their own "team" but for ****s sake keep it off the ice.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley