Brandon Prust's post game comments Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
So you're of the opinion that Prust did absolutely nothing to warrant an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? I don't buy that Prust kept his mouth shut for a second. He's a hot head and says/does stupid things all the time. This is probably just another stupid thing he's done in a long line of stupid things.

Prust is not innocent but the root cause for all this was the referee following Prust to the box and giving him crap. Prust probably told him to **** off but that would have never happened if Watson DID HIS JOB.

Hence, what this thread is partly about.

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
Prust is not innocent but the root cause for all this was the referee following Prust to the box and giving him crap. Prust probably told him to F off but that would have never happened if Watson DID HIS JOB.

Hence, what this thread is partly about.

Your assuming that what Prust said is the whole truth though. What if the ref went to the box and told him to shut up or he will take him out of the game with a misconduct?
We don't know for sure what was said and to assume that the ref made the wrong is not correct at the moment, as well as assuming what Prust said is false is also not correct.

If Watson went to the box and told him not so nicely that if he kept yapping then he would get a game, then did the ref not do his job?

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
I reserve judgment until all the facts come out.

Regardless of how things play out, it'll be interesting to see what happens to him and how the refs will now approach the Habs. Also, if Watson refs another Habs game this season.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Prust apologize and "regrets" his comments. Damage control. I assume most will jump to the conclusion that he was making all this up and Watson did absolutely nothing wrong. I'd advise against that faulty logic.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Watson should not have kept chirping at Prust, and Prust should've kept his comments about Watson to himself, or filed a complaint on it. The media won the lottery with his remarks, we won't hear the end of this.

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
Prust apologize and "regrets" his comments. Damage control. I assume most will jump to the conclusion that he was making all this up and Watson did absolutely nothing wrong. I'd advise against that faulty logic.

he was always going to apologize no matter how true his first comments were. The hans PR team has talked to him and would know this would be the best course of action

bigtimehockeyfan999*

I think its absolutely ****ing ridiculous that an NHL official can say these things, act this way and still be employed by the end of the day. ****ing asinine. What a god damn joke of a league.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
For those who believe Prust when he suggests he did nothing whatsoever to either provoke the extra attention from Watson or earn the extra penalty, what is your explanation?

Watson doesn't like Prust's hairdo?

Watson had a schizophrenic episode?

Watson is taking money to fix the game?

Prust took a whizz on Watson's lawn?

What?

You may or may not like Watson's performance as a ref, but he's shown nothing to indicate he's a loose cannon. There's a reason the situation escalated. Either Prust said something pretty egregious and is now lying or Watson has come mentally unhinged.

There's really not a hell of a lot of room for any other explanation.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I think its absolutely ****ing ridiculous that an NHL official can say these things, act this way and still be employed by the end of the day. ****ing asinine. What a god damn joke of a league.

But it's fine for players to repeatedly say the same things to the referee?

Skipee

Mar 27, 2010

Maybe he was sick of looking at Prust's ugly face? Maybe he was doing his job by penalizing a player who is known for being a bit over aggressive. I'm fine with any punishment that Prust gets.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

But it's fine for players to repeatedly say the same things to the referee?

Absolutely....refferee's control the game. players do not...officials have to be objective and unbiased otherwise you can't be one...he obviously has a problem with prust and the ******** penalty he called on him, as well as his rant is proof...some people are saying prust is lying....he's not...who the **** would make that **** up?

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Absolutely....refferee's control the game. players do not...officials have to be objective and unbiased otherwise you can't be one...he obviously has a problem with prust and the ******** penalty he called on him, as well as his rant is proof...some people are saying prust is lying....he's not...who the **** would make that **** up?

You really believe that don't you?

Nynja*

So you're of the opinion that Prust did absolutely nothing to warrant an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? I don't buy that Prust kept his mouth shut for a second. He's a hot head and says/does stupid things all the time. This is probably just another stupid thing he's done in a long line of stupid things.

There is a ****ing video showing Prust going to the box, getting berated by Watson, all while the video supports his story that he's just saying "yeah, ok, yeah, ok", because the camera is showing Prusts face, then he says "okay" again and Watson gives him the unsportsmanlike after he says "okay".

If Prust got the unsportsmanlike penalty before any of that happened, he should have gotten the unsportsmanlike penalty the moment that whatever he deserved it for, not AFTER Watson berates him.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I think its ridiculous for fans to expect referees to remain impartial and unbiased at all times when the players themselves don't give them that opportunity.

How can a referee be expected to remain consistent and impartial when you have players constantly crossing the line in scrums, giving extra shots, diving, "accidentally" bumping goalies, "accidentally" charging into them, "accidentally tripping them".

The players themselves constantly look for extra angles, a little extra advantage even if it requires cheating.

So somehow you expect referees to be impartial when theyre constantly verbally abused by players who are flip flopping all over the ice trying to get extra calls.

Its a ridiculous notion.

By the way, the referees that are officiating the current playoffs are chosen by the officiating committee based on the quality of their reffing throughout the year. That means that Watson was among the better referees this year based on complaints or errors throughout this season.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

ha ha.......

Poor Brendon. First he gets bullied, then his apology gets a line of text, while his original stupid ass comments get repeated again verbatim.

Not only that, but he drops this gem in there:

Prust said on Tuesday he hopes there's no fallout with other officials.
"That's just a fingers-crossed scenario, but who knows what's going to happen?" said Prust.

In other words, even the officials I didn't publicly call out can't be trusted beyond a 50/50 coin toss not to be so unprofessional as to unfairly penalize me for comments I made about one of their colleagues.

The guy is a moron.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Did the NHL/Watson come out and admit they said anything?

Or is this just like the final move to complete the perp to victim transistion?

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
He was angry after a loss and said some things that shouldn't have been said.

Big deal.

People who are making a big fuss over this are just Habs haters, looking for ammunition.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Watson should not have kept chirping at Prust, and Prust should've kept his comments about Watson to himself, or filed a complaint on it. The media won the lottery with his remarks, we won't hear the end of this.

HFBoards staff are the real losers here... Having to listen to/moderate all the crazy statements and assertions made here. :laugh:

But you hit the nail on the head.

Nynja*

Prust said on Tuesday he hopes there's no fallout with other officials.
"That's just a fingers-crossed scenario, but who knows what's going to happen?" said Prust.

In other words, even the officials I didn't publicly call out can't be trusted beyond a 50/50 coin toss not to be so unprofessional as to unfairly penalize me for comments I made about one of their colleagues.

The guy is a moron.

Seriously? Lol

Kerry Fraser admitted that refs will do exactly this. So did Paul Stewart. Both ex-NHL refs, so their words should be trusted in this regard. Friedman seems to agree as well.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

NHL officials should just shut up, do their job and try to stay out of the way. I'm tired of these primadonna clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad