Brandon Prust wins the Jacques-Beauchamp-Molson trophy

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=666673

The trophy is awarded annually to the member of the Canadiens who played a dominant role during the regular season, without earning any particular honor

No surprise there.
I do know a few people in the media also voted for Francis Bouillon. But I'm sure Prust won by FAR.

Here are the standings according to Guillaume Lefrancois from Radio Canada
Prust: 83 points
Bouillon: 58 points
Budaj: 52 points

Last edited:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Very deserving for Mr. Prust. A big reason why both Galchenyuk and Gallagher got off to a great start to the season and also played very well himself. Many said he was overpaid when he signed with Montreal, but hell, play like that for the next three years and you're worth every damn penny.

Habcentric

Jan 24, 2013
Cant think of someone who deserves it more. Great team guy, great with the rookies, sticks up for his team mates.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Very deserving. A simple signing that helped change the dynamic of the team. It's even better since the money was lambasted by other fanbases, and the Rangers had to give up good draft picks to replace what they lost with him.

Now the goal should be to find someone to help him out as Moen doesn't seem interested in that anymore (he wasn't a good fighter to begin with either) and White enjoys costing the team games, so I doubt he has much of a future in Montreal.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I remember when he was a mainstay on our our top 2 lines....:help:

To be fair, his inclusion on a line with Gomez and Gionta really helped turn the tide in the Washington series. He never had an edge, but something is off with him. Really hope it's a lingering injury.

vik352

May 10, 2009
Sherbrooke, Quebec
To be fair, his inclusion on a line with Gomez and Gionta really helped turn the tide in the Washington series. He never had an edge, but something is off with him. Really hope it's a lingering injury.

I hope so too, during a habs game last week on RDS i think it was Marc Denis who said that Moen wants to start thinking about his post-carreer life and that he want to avoid injuries, concussions etc. as much as possible. I hope that's not true because a 4th liner like Moen isn't really useful if he doesn't give his 100% and play physical. Hopefully the playoffs will all prove us wrong about Moen and we'll see the player he was two years ago. I'd even give him a rest ala Prust if he needs it to ensure he's ready.

As much as he's criticized on this board, Moen is the type of guy you absolutely need in the playoffs if you want to go far.

Habsterix*

Well deserved. Francis Bouillon would have also been a good choice.

Habtchum*

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=666673

No surprise there.
I do know a few people in the media also voted for Francis Bouillon. But I'm sure Prust won by FAR.

Here are the standings according to Guillaume Lefrancois from Radio Canada
Prust: 83 points
Bouillon: 58 points
Budaj: 52 points

This standing makes lot of sense. I was very happy when Prust was signed. I am a bit worried about his shoulder injury, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad