Brandon Naurato added to player Development crew

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think he is a really humble guy (read: underselling his analysis), and he must also be effective in demonstrating the adjustments on-ice, because that article makes his services sound INCREDIBLY barebones.

Would the Wings current video analysis team not already do everything he mentions doing in this article? What is their job if not to break down goals scored/ how they're being scored against? Seems weird that they weren't already doing this before August 2018, but I'm glad they hired a guy to do it anyway. Seems like it would be helpful to know the info he is providing.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think he is a really humble guy (read: underselling his analysis), and he must also be effective in demonstrating the adjustments on-ice, because that article makes his services sound INCREDIBLY barebones.

Would the Wings current video analysis team not already do everything he mentions doing in this article? What is their job if not to break down goals scored/ how they're being scored against? Seems weird that they weren't already doing this before August 2018, but I'm glad they hired a guy to do it anyway. Seems like it would be helpful to know the info he is providing.
Sounds like a pretty massive undertaking tbh. Seems to go much more in depth and trying to create data/video that can be used for player development rather than adjustments of on-ice strategy (which I believe the standard video analysis team would do).

Reactions: Henkka

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
And of course he has to be born in Livonia and a former Wolverine.:D

If it helps, the more the merrier, I say.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
At least there is some recognition that development has been terrible, and things need to change.

First Horcoff replacing Fischer, now this. Hopefully the new GR coach will add to this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad