Player Discussion Brandon Montour

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Interesting comment by Brian Burke on Montour: "Anaheim couldn't find anyone for him to play with as all his defensive partners said he was too unpredictable."

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I hope we're not expecting too much from Montour. BTW, here's a picture of him flying to Toronto.
sddefault.jpg

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Roman numerals. Sabres jerseys would dominate sales, and crip wardrobes.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Ive only watched a few ducks games this year and Montour didn't really stand out positively or negatively.... eager to watch him play and I hope he ends up being worth the price tag

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Pilut-Montour might be fun
I was thinking Dahlin/Montour with the usage Dahlin/Bogo get.

Dahlin/Bogo have roughly a 57% OZS% in their 500+mins together. Dahlin/Montour could be an explosive offensive pairing

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Background info on Montour. I was wondering what was up with that tatoo.
Montour is of Mohawk descent and grew up in Ohsweken, a village inside the reserve of Six Nations of the Grand River. Six Nations is known to have the greatest number of people among all First Nations in Canada.[2] His father, Cam Montour, is Native American. In tribute to this, Brandon has an uncompleted tattoo on his left arm that consists of a headdress and feathers.
Montour spent eight years living in Tilbury, Ontario, where he completed his elementary education.[3] He then moved to Ohsweken, Ontario, and attended Assumption College School, in Brantford, Ontario. Montour also grew up playing lacrosse and won a Minto Cup with the Six Nations Arrows.[4]
Montour also played in lacrosse tournaments with Nick Ritchie, a fellow Ducks' team member, as well as Ritchie's brother, Brett Ritchie, who plays for NHL's Dallas Stars.[5]

Mandatory video with Brandon's mom for @Chainshot :D
www.foxsports.com/san-diego/video/1396591683862

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
U lucky bastards he was my favorite duck, he always wants the puck and looking to make something happen. He isn't scared of anyone either.

Reactions: Willgamesh

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I’ll admit I don’t watch the Ducks and really never had my own opinion on Montour.

From early sights, I see a player who is very fast, very creative and skilled who’s is decently physical. You can tell he’s thinking offense a lot of the time, I don’t think he’s ever going to be a shut down player but who knows. Offensively, I’m pretty confident he can be a lot like a Tyson Barrie or Jared Spurgeon.

Reactions: EichHart

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I’ll admit I don’t watch the Ducks and really never had my own opinion on Montour.

From early sights, I see a player who is very fast, very creative and skilled who’s is decently physical. You can tell he’s thinking offense a lot of the time, I don’t think he’s ever going to be a shut down player but who knows. Offensively, I’m pretty confident he can be a lot like a Tyson Barrie or Jared Spurgeon.

From watching last night the first name that came to my head was Spurgeon.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
From watching last night the first name that came to my head was Spurgeon.

I watched the third of the Wild Jets game, ya him and Spurgeon could switch jerseys and it would take awhile to figure out whose who. Spurgeon is just further along in his development and more established.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->