Confirmed with Link: Brandon Montour re-signs 3 years at 3.5M AAV

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Waiting to see cap. I think I read 3 years somewhere.

It's fine, just not the flashiest option. Better than giving Suter 4 years @ $5mil

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
To me, he needs some good coaching. Once he gets a full season under Q on his belt, I will be more excited.
Last season in the playoffs it's like he just sometimes tried to play his own game, which didn't mesh well with others at times.
Agreed this is how I see it too. Guy came from Buffalo to a team that was essentially flying on all cylinders. I think Q can reign him in and I like his effort on D.

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
To me, he needs some good coaching. Once he gets a full season under Q on his belt, I will be more excited.
Last season in the playoffs it's like he just sometimes tried to play his own game, which didn't mesh well with others at times.
This. Montour has excellent wheels and pinches in nicely. I think coach Q and co will refine his game.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Yeah, he was constantly tapping his stick against the ice to get the puck in the o-zone... was too eager to display his skills after the Sabres adventure.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
This. Montour has excellent wheels and pinches in nicely. I think coach Q and co will refine his game.
It's like he tried to impress everyone really quickly.

It's kind of like a kid who has candy for the first time. Life before candy was very Bland and not exciting (Buffalo.)
Then you have candy (Florida) and you're just firing on all cylinders, too much at times.
Q just needs to rein him in a bit. Kind of like a wild pony almost.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
My hope was for a kind of big-bodied, defensive defenseman but perhaps we just don’t go that way.

Montour has skills and he’ll help with our high-octane offense. But I’m on the fence with him because I wanted ‘more defense’. I feel we have too many offensive types.

-ghoste

Reactions: Pepe Cahones

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
My hope was for a kind of big-bodied, defensive defenseman but perhaps we just don’t go that way.

Montour has skills and he’ll help with our high-octane offense. But I’m on the fence with him because I wanted ‘more defense’.

-ghoste
But who is available that has that pedigree? Especially for a top 4 spot. Seems like Zito's hands were a bit tied here.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Yeah, he was constantly tapping his stick against the ice to get the puck in the o-zone... was too eager to display his skills after the Sabres adventure.
Remember that one game when Q pulled KY off the PP? He replaced him with Monty, and the guy was way too eager. Pretty sure a SHG followed soon thereafter.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Remember that one game when Q pulled KY off the PP? He replaced him with Monty, and the guy was way too eager. Pretty sure a SHG followed soon thereafter.

I remember it vaguely. iirc someone from the left side passed him a fluttering puck which ended up as a semi-breakaway for the Bolts players. He needs to cool it down a bit even though his anticipation when to pinch in is very good, isn't a perimeter player and prefers to go directly to the net if there's a chance.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad