Confirmed with Link: Brandon Mashinter for Tommy Grant a 2014 7th round pick

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
SAN JOSE, California -- San Jose Sharks Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Wilson announced today that the team has acquired forward Tommy Grant and a conditional seventh round selection in the 2014 NHL Draft in exchange for forward Brandon Mashinter. Grant has been assigned to Worcester, San Jose’s top development affiliate in the American Hockey League.

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650740&navid=TW

UDnyr92

Jan 6, 2011
Tommy Grant + cond. 7th ('14) to SJ for Brandon Mashinter

@Steve Zipay
NYR also has made minor league deal, sending Tommy Grant and a seventh conditional in '14 to Sharks for Brandon Mashinter

Here's a small transaction. Honestly I don't know a thing about the prospects of this, but somewhat newsworthy.

Punxrocknyc19*

I love this trade. Much more upside than Grant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
big kid at 6-4 230, somewhat more upside then grant:dunno:, 35 point scorer three years in the ahl while racking up a good amount penalty minutes im assuming from fighting, not really that big a deal tho probably wont amount to anything.

Last edited:

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Mashinter 6-4, 230; intriguing size if nothing else; never heard of him until now. 104 points in about 230 games in the AHL; 3rd-4th liner I would presume. What's the upside?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
In before people start complaining about parting with a 7th round draft pick.

Kershaw

Don't really like this trade. Mashinter is a pretty cool name though.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Wonder if the condition is if one of them is resigned by the team since according to CapGeek, Mashinter is a UFA and Grant an RFA after the year.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Someone was talking about Mashinter a few years ago, Dagoon? Lion Hound? Like the deal, good protector for the Whale.

Kershaw

35-5-20 fight record for Mashinter.

vs. 0-2 listed record for Grant.

In comparision, 'tough guy' Mike Rupp's record is 34-26-27.

Grant didn't really have a future here, so I'm fine with Sather's goon for a 7th.

Punxrocknyc19*

He is younger and already been in the NHL. Grant was barely an AHL player before this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->