Waived: Brandon Manning

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Terrible move. Manning is better than Gravel, Benning, and Petro yet he is waived. I bet McDavid was behind this.

Manning had actually been fairly solid the past few games he had played, but I guess that doesn’t mean anything these days.

Good luck Mandog. You won’t find a harder working guy out there who gave his all every shift.

Unfortunately Bakersfield does not have their own team forum, but you can at least hang out here (The AHL) if no one claims him.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
upload_2019-2-18_15-30-58.jpeg

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
the canucks manning talk was back when canucks were trying to move gagner.

so maybe canucks will trade him for spooner.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
Terrible move. Manning is better than Gravel, Benning, and Petro yet he is waived. I bet McDavid was behind this.

Manning had actually been fairly solid the past few games he had played, but I guess that doesn’t mean anything these days.

Good luck Mandog. You won’t find a harder working guy out there who gave his all every shift.
Is this a joke? Gravel and Benning are miles better

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Ok Brandon, accept it and move on. Working hard every shift isn’t a skill trait.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Uh...ok...

I even blame McJesus, He could easily vetoed the trade or asked is this guy in our plans long term? No plus the fact he intentionally hurt me I want no part of him.

Sure PC made the call but considering how badly he had messed up the team to this point do you really believe he had full autonomy?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Hey, @Tripod wanted to make sure you saw this. Not that you didnt see it coming, or anything.

Reactions: Tripod

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Drake Caggiuala is still tied for 7th in Goals scored for the Oilers.

The MacDavid effect....

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that Drake scored less than 5 goals this season when not playing with McD or Kane.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather have him than Manning but this season Drake only put up decent numbers when playing on the top line. His production on the top line is too low for a first liner, and his production away of the top line is pretty bad.

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
I even blame McJesus, He could easily vetoed the trade or asked is this guy in our plans long term? No plus the fact he intentionally hurt me I want no part of him.

Sure PC made the call but considering how badly he had messed up the team to this point do you really believe he had full autonomy?
I do.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The MacDavid effect....

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that Drake scored less than 5 goals this season when not playing with McD or Kane.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather have him than Manning but this season Drake only put up decent numbers when playing on the top line. His production on the top line is too low for a first liner, and his production away of the top line is pretty bad.

Yeah he's definitely no world beater but he's a decent, young bottom 6 winger and trading him for Manning when the Oilers already had guys like Petrovic, Gravel and Benning made absolutely zero sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad