Player Discussion Brandon Manning

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
2q2t4k.jpg

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I honestly don't blame the kid for chirping McDavid. Trying to throw McDavid off his game and get the win (Philly did end up winning that game).

That's gamesmanship. Rats usually find a way to win teammates over. Matt Cooke always seemed to be comfy with his teammates.

I will have a much bigger issue if this guy continues to play for us like he did for Chicago. Absolute garbage.

Reactions: Pointteen

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I honestly don't blame the kid for chirping McDavid. Trying to throw McDavid off his game and get the win (Philly did end up winning that game).

That's gamesmanship. Rats usually find a way to win teammates over. Matt Cooke always seemed to be comfy with his teammates.

I will have a much bigger issue if this guy continues to play for us like he did for Chicago. Absolute garbage.

Yep, it was just words said in the heat of battle. We’ve all said stupid shit to people we either love and care about in the heat of the moment (our parents in our rebel years or our spouses) that we don’t mean,but definitely intended to say to piss them off or get their attention. It’s definitely happened between strangers and we are all guilty of this at least once in our lives.

If Connor can take the high road, be it he sincerely means it or it’s just lip service (but him reaching out to Manning to welcome him speaks volumes of his character) and forgive and forget, so can I.

Welcome to the team, Brandon. Hopefully he can be a positive contributor to the team and earn his paycheque.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Brandon Manning is fine.

Trading for him wasn't. Won't hold it against him. I hope he plays very well. I want him to bully star forwards.
Poor guy will have the fanbase against him from day one. It isn't his fault he was traded for our fifth highest goal scorer on the team.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Brandon Manning is fine.

Trading for him wasn't. Won't hold it against him. I hope he plays very well. I want him to bully star forwards.
Poor guy will have the fanbase against him from day one. It isn't his fault he was traded for our fifth highest goal scorer on the team.

The optimist in me believes he will use this as motivation to turn hisngame around and play well. He knows he’s not going to be readily accepted by some of his teammates, let alone the fan base so he’s going to have to work his ass off on the ice to gain the players’ trust and respect, as well as the fans of the team.

It’s not going to be easy and he has his work cut out for him.

Reactions: Pointteen

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
The optimist in me believes he will use this as motivation to turn hisngame around and play well. He knows he’s not going to be readily accepted by some of his teammates, let alone the fan base so he’s going to have to work his ass off on the ice to gain the players’ trust and respect, as well as the fans of the team.

It’s not going to be easy and he has his work cut out for him.

This a feel good story in Tampa. But in Edmonton, just another disappointing storyline. Predictable ending. About a quarter of expectations achieved.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
This a feel good story in Tampa. But in Edmonton, just another disappointing storyline. Predictable ending. About a quarter of expectations achieved.

Oh yes, we’ve all read the script for this movie dozens of times. Similar endings every time.

But, f*** it. He’s on the team, I’ve accepted it. I’m not going to wish him ill-will as an Oiler and am hoping for the best, but expecting little.

Reactions: Burnoutboi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad