Injury Report: Brandon Kozun - High Ankle Sprain - Out 6 Weeks

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
That looked horrible. hopeful for a quick recovery for Kozun.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Ashton probably comes in for him. He got ragdolled into the boards. Tough when you play in the NHL at that size. Has heart tho, which can't be said for any other leaf

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
If he got out of that with only an ankle sprain, he got extremely lucky. Just saw the highlight and that looked ugly.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
This is actually a semi big loss believe it or not.

We just became worst defensively, and somewhat offensively as well.

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
If he got out of that with only an ankle sprain, he got extremely lucky. Just saw the highlight and that looked ugly.

Only? A high ankle sprain is one of the worst injuries an athlete can suffer. A broken leg would be preferable in this case.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010

Kozun's been a damn good fourth liner so far. I really hope Ashton or a kid can step in. Hope Brandon gets better soon too.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Feel sorry for the kid , he finally gets his shot and then gets injured . I appreciate his compete level but at his size he needs to learn when to back off to live another day .

Hopefully he's not out for to long but this type of injury tends to linger .

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

This kid was very good on the PK. He's done something I haven't seen players do on a while. Chase you down and force a turnover or takeaway.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Out 6-8 weeks??? 4 weeks or less would be ideal. We'll see I guess.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
High ankle sprains can be worse than breaks. 6-8 weeks would be right just for him to get back skating. This is the type of injury that can linger all year.

I know, when I had my high ankle sprain, I limped for the best part of 6 months! Mind you, that was without all the treatments today's athletes get.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sucks for him. I don't know how he'll get back in the lineup with Booth back by the time he'll be healthy. Also, maybe Frattin or Ashton finally play up to their potential by then.

I'd give Ashton a try in his place on the fourth line to be honest. He can kill penalties too. He should have a huge fire in his belly.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Sucks for him. I don't know how he'll get back in the lineup with Booth back by the time he'll be healthy. Also, maybe Frattin or Ashton finally play up to their potential by then.

I'd give Ashton a try in his place on the fourth line to be honest. He can kill penalties too. He should have a huge fire in his belly.

Ashton is running out of time, and chances, with our Leafs. If he draws in, he better make the most of it!

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I know, when I had my high ankle sprain, I limped for the best part of 6 months! Mind you, that was without all the treatments today's athletes get.
... I had a severe ankle sprain..Took 6 months to semi heal and there is still pain to this day...15 years later...Hopefully he will heal quickly...We need a lot more players with his kind of effort and desire...Hopefully Carrick, Brown (he may be an offensive player but he competes) etc will be here sooner than later.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
High ankle sprains can be worse than breaks. 6-8 weeks would be right just for him to get back skating. This is the type of injury that can linger all year.

So true, as even when you think your nearly 100% you can tweak again so easily and be right back to square one missing more time again.

Bad part you can't even work out the lower body or even peddle the bike to start fit.. Rest and relaxation and staying off of it the only real cure for a bad sprain.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Ashton is running out of time, and chances, with our Leafs. If he draws in, he better make the most of it!
...Ashton needs to be thrown in there 10 minutes a night and know he's going to play. This team never seems to give the perceived borderline players a fair shot (reasonable minutes and decent linemates) to actually see if they are better than borderline.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Ashton probably comes in for him. He got ragdolled into the boards. Tough when you play in the NHL at that size. Has heart tho, which can't be said for any other leaf
...Size is irrelevant when you have that kind of speed and desire. That injury can happen to any one..of any size...really enjoy watching him, and players like him, play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->