Prospect Info: Brandon Hagel (2016, 159th) – '18-19: Rights relinquished; signs ELC with Chicago

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Every time I see these Hagel highlights I want the Sabres to get Kristian Reichel just so we can have a Reichel-Eichel-Reinhart line.

Reactions: LaxSabre

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Outside of Andrew Sturtz, I can't think of many who fill that bill.

I'm curious if Hagel gets Coasted. They don't need another Karabacek contract, but I like Hagel more as a player. Not sure how the team feels.

What an indefensible draft pick; nay entire 2nd round that was.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Red Deer Rebels‏ @Rebelshockey -
GOAL! @Bhags9 scores on the power play to get the lead! 2-1 #RDR! #JustGiver #RDvsLET

Hurricanes regain their lead, it's 5-4 on another goal from Ross at 7:24 of the third period.
Hurricanes score an empty-netter to go up by two with less than 1:30 left in the third period.
Welp. That'll do it. Lethbridge takes game 5 and wins the series 4-1.
Classy move by the @WHLHurricanes giving the Rebels the 3 Stars sweep tonight -
our 20 year old players @MasonMcCarty5 - @pawly97 - @Bhags9. #RDvsLET

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
D.C.‏ @NWBillsFan -
@SabresProspects - Any prospect of Brandon Hagel signing an ELC soon now that his season is over?
Does he still have junior eligibilty remaining?

Kris Baker‏ @SabresProspects -
Folks in Red Deer would love to have him back next year. Whether it's ELC or minor league deal - he's a guy that the Sabres are likely evaluating vs some college/Euro free agent targets.

Kris Baker‏ @SabresProspects -
Brandon Hagel tells local reporters that he is going to take the next few days to evaluate/speak with his agent regarding his future.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Rebels clean out lockers after season of ups and down - Red Deer Express

Buffalo Sabres prospect Hagel said being a leader for the young kids on the Rebels was huge for him.
“Overall the start of our season wasn’t what we wanted but as we moved along we got some kids in here and it was awesome,” Hagel said. “It was a good experience for myself to go through something like that.
“Bringing in the younger guys and me having to be a bigger leader helped me be a better person.”
He added he is going to take the next few days to evaluate everything and speak with his agent regarding his future.
Sutter said he was proud of his team for turning around the season.
“Who would have thought in January that we would ever get to the playoffs. People would have thought I was crazy,” he said.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
He can get signed and play overage, right? Maybe that's the discussion. Sounds like a really big team guy which is the type of player we need.

#HagelWatch

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He can get signed and play overage, right? Maybe that's the discussion. Sounds like a really big team guy which is the type of player we need.

#HagelWatch

They might be looking at signing some European UDFA forwards too, which may limit contract options.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Sabres have an hour, and then Hagel, Budik, and Osmanski re-enter the draft.

Oh well - there was hope for Hagel and Budik, at least. Wish someone would ask at least, but we'll probably never know.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sabres have an hour, and then Hagel, Budik, and Osmanski re-enter the draft.

Oh well - there was hope for Hagel and Budik, at least. Wish someone would ask at least, but we'll probably never know.

Eh, he stepped back this season. For a kid who was a long-shot energy player to begin with, that's tough to overcome.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Great bounce back season for Hagel. I do wonder if they missed here, even if it is a sandpaper mid-line farm hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad