Brandon Crombeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
There has been a tremendous split over Crombeen. Since O'sullivan was passed over to take him, there generally hs been disappointment. HF has him as the 18th ranked prospect but recently Hockey news had him as 9th (That is Heika-the Stars beat writer). The Stars need prospects with size.Does he have potential?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Yes he's got potential.

I don't think he's got the potential to be a top two liner, but I still like him as a potential third liner.

He works hard, he's got a reasonably good skill set and he fights.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Brock said:
Yes he's got potential.

I don't think he's got the potential to be a top two liner, but I still like him as a potential third liner.

He works hard, he's got a reasonably good skill set and he fights.

I hope he turns into another Morrow-like player for Dallas. Any chance he could turn out like him?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
OttMorrow said:
I hope he turns into another Morrow-like player for Dallas. Any chance he could turn out like him?

Personally I don't think he's got enough pure offensive skill to end up as someone like Brendan Morrow. Morrow is an outstanding second line winger who should eventually emerge as one of the better PURE powerforwards in the game of hockey.

I think of Brandon Crombeen as essentially turning out to be something more along the lines of Ethan Moreau.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Brock said:
Personally I don't think he's got enough pure offensive skill to end up as someone like Brendan Morrow. Morrow is an outstanding second line winger who should eventually emerge as one of the better PURE powerforwards in the game of hockey.

I think of Brandon Crombeen as essentially turning out to be something more along the lines of Ethan Moreau.

Well to tell you the truth Morrow has no "pure offensive skill" at all. All of his goals come from going to the net, I'd say he has a good sense of where to be and is a good playmaker, but pure offensive talent.....no.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
OttMorrow said:
Well to tell you the truth Morrow has no "pure offensive skill" at all. All of his goals come from going to the net, I'd say he has a good sense of where to be and is a good playmaker, but pure offensive talent.....no.

Well I didn't exactly mean pure offensive skill, like say someone Zherdev or Eric Staal or whoever possesses. I meant in terms of true offensive ability, the ability to put up points in the NHL. Morrow has very very good hands and on top of that he's a very smart offensive player, which help to make him a threat offensively.

Crombeen has some good offensive skills, but I think one thing that comes into question is his consisntency offensively and his overall hockey sense, just overall offensive game.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Starsdude said:
Hoe big is Crombeen? Can he skate at all? Morrow skates well and that helps alot.

Crombeen's around 6'1-6'2 and over 200lbs. So he's a big guy who has no problem with the strength aspect of his game.

His speed is actually pretty good and he's a pretty decent penalty killer with a lot of room to improve still defensively.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Brock said:
Crombeen's around 6'1-6'2 and over 200lbs. So he's a big guy who has no problem with the strength aspect of his game.

His speed is actually pretty good and he's a pretty decent penalty killer with a lot of room to improve still defensively.

Thanks . With Morrow I think he has deceptive speed and has become good on the kill as well. Suprisingly now RW seems weak in prospects as young players like Morrow, Ott, Miets Jokinin Erikkson Hogos all play left or center. Only Tjarnqvist plays right so Crombeen's development will be welcomed

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Starsdude said:
Thanks . With Morrow I think he has deceptive speed and has become good on the kill as well. Suprisingly now RW seems weak in prospects as young players like Morrow, Ott, Miets Jokinin Erikkson Hogos all play left or center. Only Tjarnqvist plays right so Crombeen's development will be welcomed

Damn, I never realized how weak we are on the right side in terms of prospects. That may be something we should address at this year's draft. No more damn goalies!

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
OttMorrow said:
Damn, I never realized how weak we are on the right side in terms of prospects. That may be something we should address at this year's draft. No more damn goalies!

Erikkson I think can also play RW but it is pretty bare. They missed bad on Vas although he was hurt and Holtet appears to be a too small, one dimensional Euro sniper who likely will stay there. So yeah wings are needed as is size. We will also need another d-man or two but with an extra top pick for the Sydor trade that will help. My list of picks this year is

our first
Columbus's 2
Hatcher Comp pick late second /early third
Our second to Chi for Klemm
our third
Chi 4th for Klemm
Our fourth
I also think we have an extra 8th from Phoenix
If any one has a complete list list us know

Would also like to see us consider Umbarger if he becomes a FA

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
I think you're off the mark with your assessment of Holtet.

Holtet may be one dimensional in the sense that he doesn't play D well yet, but he is an aggressive, agitating physical player in addition to having an excellent shot. A few scouts (and not just Stars scouts either, one from EDM and one from NYI) have him pegged as a potential NHLer provided he gets a chance to show he can play in SEL.

His only problem is being stuck in the system of a team that wants to contend for an SEL title every year and not worry about developing talent.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Glu nice to see you around. Why would not the Stars then sign a guy like him and let him play in Offense starved Utah? Your opinion is appreciated.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
Probably because the league he's playing in is ECHL level if that. Hagos had better numbers (point-wise) in the same league last year and was by far more complete, so that shows you Holtet's chances of getting signed right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->