Value of: Brandon Carlo

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
6'5" / 212 lbs RD with a $2,850,000 cap hit for one more season, after that he's an RFA. Is he a fit for your team? What is his value right now?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
If MTL were to trade Petry, and looking at Skjei deal who got something like 22 OA (that is where i would put the value of Carlo), I would be ready to pay 16OA (maybe a lower pick coming the other way with Carlo) or Poehling + 2nd/3rd but I think some people will disagree, I have always been a fan of Carlo's defensive game esp. for such a young player.

Even though if I were Boston I would not even think about trading him.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Nearly every team should be interested. Cap will be the issue, as most buyers would have to send cap back to Boston:
- Toronto
- Vancouver
- St. Louis (if Pietrangelo leaves)
- Tampa

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think a Boeser and Carlo swap makes a lot of sense. A lot. Especially when you think of Carlo's experience with playing with Krug and how he would compliment Hughes perfectly for the next decade +.

It makes a lot of sense for BOS, not really for VAN. Carlo as high as I am on him is a 3/4D, while Boeser is a legit 1st line sniper...

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It makes a lot of sense for BOS, not really for VAN. Carlo as high as I am on him is a 3/4D, while Boeser is a legit 1st line sniper...
carlo is only three month older than boeser and d normally take longer to develop. imo this is actually much closer, than you make it sound. there might be an add needed from boston, but as a base i could work with it.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I doubt other teams fans see the value of Carlo when he’s not putting up points.

With everythkng about the roster in question they should leave RD alone

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
This is the second year in a row a physical team pushed Boston out of the playoffs. With Chara on the cusp of retiring I can’t see Carlo or Mac going anywhere. That said I think it make more sense to move on from one or two of our 3 sub 6’ defenseman: Krug (UFA), Grzelcyk, Clifton.

Reactions: BTO

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
With Chara aging out of his role (if not the NHL), and Krug unrestricted, it seems an odd time for the Bruins to trade a top-four defenseman. I would think the Bruins want to build their defense corps around McAvoy and Carlo. Shrug.

Maybe if moving his contract is the path forward to retaining Krug, but I don't know. That is probably not the way I would go. My guess is that Chara retires, his money goes towards re-signing Krug, McAvoy continues to mature into a dominant #1 defenseman, and Carlo stays for at least another year. I expect the changes that are to come will be concentrated on their bottom three on defense.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
oh man, Carlo would be tremendous for the Devils (as he would be for most other teams)

what would the Bruins want/need? 18th overall plus what else?

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Aah you didn’t like when I said Ekblad isn’t a 1D.
Well he’s not anywhere close to the top young Dmen in the game

& Carlo isn’t getting paid like one

You seem to watch the Panthers from a far and seem to be knowledgeable but have yet to see your math on him not being one.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Carlo is not going to be moved,plain and simple .They are not going to trade him to keep Krug . Don't let his point totals deceive you they will increase after Krug is gone and he is not back there covering is ass. Some solid players have been mentioned in previous posts, but I believe is more valuable to the Bruins with some turnover on the defense and goaltending up in the air. He is the type of defenseman that you build out from the backend with.Carlo ,MacAvoy, Gryzlyck nice foundation........The Bruins need some scoring and some size with speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->