Player Discussion Brandon Carlo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
The coach was asked about intent...I agree with his assessment.

“I don’t know if there was intent," Cassidy said. "Because I do know that when you’re in tight areas you’re trying to make a play, I know he felt him on his back, so he probably wanted to protect himself too. So to what degree … I don’t think in that instance a guy purposely tried to elbow him in the head. I just don’t, I could be wrong.”

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Get well soon Brandon!

I hope they give him plenty of time to and make sure he is 100% before he returns. Between the extra defensemen that need reps and the Bruins place in the standings there are zero excuses to rush him back.

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL
The coach was asked about intent...I agree with his assessment.

“I don’t know if there was intent," Cassidy said. "Because I do know that when you’re in tight areas you’re trying to make a play, I know he felt him on his back, so he probably wanted to protect himself too. So to what degree … I don’t think in that instance a guy purposely tried to elbow him in the head. I just don’t, I could be wrong.”
Agreed. We slow stuff down and act like it’s easily discernible what’s going on. Took place over a few seconds. Shit happens and I think this is one of those cases (it still royally sucks that it happened)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
As bad as the team has been, he's been head and shoulders worse than anyone on the ice. Really think he needs to sit.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
As bad as the team has been, he's been head and shoulders worse than anyone on the ice. Really think he needs to sit.

Our star players have perpetually crapped themselves vs any adversity, going on years now. Carlo left plenty to be desired, but I put the lion’s share of the blame on the so-called “faces” of the franchise.

Maybe our top line, goalie and genius coach could do their the fricken jobs?

Singling out Carlo is reminiscent of the Kaberle scapegoating from a decade ago.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Mentioned this in the GDT, but it looks like he gained a bunch of weight and is moving much slower.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Always curious as to why people who think sitting an important player every time they are off their game is the right thing to do. Any coach with half a brain knows you put them right back in there, because you know what they are capable of and as the coach you give them every opportunity to find their game, especially when you are playing meaningless games, which is what the Bruins are playing right now.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Always curious as to why people who think sitting an important player every time they are off their game is the right thing to do. Any coach with half a brain knows you put them right back in there, because you know what they are capable of and as the coach you give them every opportunity to find their game, especially when you are playing meaningless games, which is what the Bruins are playing right now.
I agree that sitting isn’t always the right way but that’s usually how Bruce goes about it. At least with the young guys making defensive mistakes, especially in-game.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Mentioned this in the GDT, but it looks like he gained a bunch of weight and is moving much slower.
They mentioned he put on "good weight" during the break.

Might be another Bochenski situation

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Don’t think carlo or krug have been good In The 3 games. But I’m optimistic because I think Carlo especially is best when he has a specific matchup/assignment given to him. Also his best asset is shutting down plays at the blue line which he can only do if the forwards are working hard to get back.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
So Carlo is going to fall off a cliff?
No.

I was just referencing that one offseason he put on a bunch of muscle weight and it effected his play.

Regardless Carlo is going to be fine. Not worried about him at all. Guess I should’ve threw a sarcasm face in my OP lol. My bad

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Anyone else notice that something is off with Carlo?

What the heck happened to his skating?

Last edited:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Anyone else notice that some is off with Carlo?

It looks like he put on a bunch of weight, and he's probably barely skated other than training camp. Hopefully it improves every day he gets to be on the ice. I don't like his puck skills right now. They're not Chara bad, but he doesn't look comfortable with the puck on his stick.

Reactions: rocketdan9

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Anyone else notice that something is off with Carlo?

Something? Everything is off with BC, he’s out to lunch.

Not sure what can be done about it as far as roster adjustments. I don’t think sitting him makes much sense as he probably needs to play through it.

Putting him with Chara is a death wish, especially against a fast team like the Canes. Krug is playing bad himself, especially in his own end, and Carlo isn’t there to bail him out like before.

Gryz may be the only option left.

33 73
48 25
47 79

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Not sure what can be done about it as far as roster adjustments. I don’t think sitting him makes much sense as he probably needs to play through it.

Putting him with Chara is a death wish, especially against a fast team like the Canes. Krug is playing bad himself, especially in his own end, and Carlo isn’t there to bail him out like before.

33 73
48 25
47 79

yes and Chara is no golden star either

Which sucks because Canes don't look like they missed a beat. RB is a big fitness guru. And expect his players to be in tip top shape

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
yes and Chara is no golden star either

Which sucks because Canes don't look like they missed a beat. RB is a big fitness guru. And expect his players to be in tip top shape
Canes are a tough matchup for Chara, but he’s still needed on the back end for us.

As long as he has someone to save is ass every now and then.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Canes are a tough matchup for Chara, but he’s still needed on the back end for us.

As long as he has someone to save is ass every now and then.

He is still a beast on the PK... but on 5 v 5 teams have that gameplan against him. Especially making him retrieve the puck on the corners or back of the net. One guy forechecks hard, then another rushes up to McAvoy . They do it to Krug also. This is how they have been pegging us in our zone. The sucky part is on the other end the Ds are just not joining the rush/pinching in. Bruins 5 v 5 offense is no good otherwise

Uppercut

Aug 11, 2020

33 73
48 25
I think he plays very soft for a big player, doesn’t get angry very often and would rather stick check then punish you to wear you down, Krug should not be going anywhere, i would trade Carlo to create room if need be he would fetch the right winger we have been seeking forever and it would give or young Defenceman a much needed chance to get into the lineup, people may disagree but id rather Clifton in the lineup then Carlo, Clfton brings alot of much needed Jam back there, can move the puck and keeps the opposition on there toes

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It was mentioned in another thread about Carlo's current speed (or lack thereof).

Did this guy hit the weight room a bit too hard during the lockdown?

Because he looks considerably slower than we last saw him in March. He used to be one of the smoothest skating big men in the league, now his stride looks choppier and his straight line speed and first step aren't what they once were. He wouldn't be the first hockey player to bulk up too much and take away from what made them really good to begin with (their skating ability).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad