Player Discussion Brandon Carlo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I don't think he has enough support from the casuals to win 7th player but I think he gets my vote.
I agree! Carlo has gone from steady to spectacular. He seems to do several things every game that surprise me. What a f***ing defenceman and an absolute steal for his draft position.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I agree! Carlo has gone from steady to spectacular. He seems to do several things every game that surprise me. What a ****ing defenceman and an absolute steal for his draft position.

His added physicality last season and his added confidence after this season's goal have turned him into a monster. And his skating ability too! I'm still glad we didn't trade him for Landeskog as desperate as Krejci needs that winger.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I agree! Carlo has gone from steady to spectacular. He seems to do several things every game that surprise me. What a ****ing defenceman and an absolute steal for his draft position.

what I love about his development is I/We have watched it from his first game up to now, he does things quietly and I think because he seems to be so fluid he makes it look easy at times but the kid has clearly soaked up every second he`s had with Z, coaches and other teammates. Absolutely love the kid and think he`ll get even better

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
His added physicality last season and his added confidence after this season's goal have turned him into a monster. And his skating ability too! I'm still glad we didn't trade him for Landeskog as desperate as Krejci needs that winger.

Me love me some carlo but i was in favor of the landeskog trade then... moreso now.

Keeping carlo as consolation prize is very very ok

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Carlo has been a force lately,not sure where it came from but holy shit,he's at another level at the moment.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Injuries and other things have played a factor, but is there any denying at this point that Brandon Carlo has been the Bruins best D-man thus far this season.

For me it is a tossup between he and Gryz, but no question Carlo has been very good. His game is on a new level. Last night there was a real offensive side on display as well. Too bad he can't finish, but that might come.

Reactions: wintersej

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
For me it is a tossup between he and Gryz, but no question Carlo has been very good. His game is on a new level. Last night there was a real offensive side on display as well. Too bad he can't finish, but that might come.

When I was writing the post, the other D I thought about was Gryz. Both have been really consistent since the beginning of the year.

Reactions: Estlin and Dr Hook

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He was already taking the next step late last season, but then got hurt. I'm going to break stuff if he gets injured and misses the playoffs yet again this year. I think he will be a great playoff player, maybe the most important D for the B's in the playoffs. Sure did miss him last season.

BruinsNetwork

Injuries and other things have played a factor, but is there any denying at this point that Brandon Carlo has been the Bruins best D-man thus far this season.

I think only McAvoy would be considered their best this season, had he been healthy, because of the three-zone aspect.

Carlo has easily been their best defenseman this season, though, which is funny because I thought after last year his future was already decided for him. Should have seen my twitter mentions and DMs last season saying he’s a bottom-pair or No. 5 D (think it was Fluto who wrote that piece?) because he was struggling.

This season he’s been top-pair material on his own regard. When on the ice with Chara this season, he’s the one doing the carrying. I think the difference maker is the hitting and physicality as he’s also on pace to increase his hits by approximately 120% or so.

I really think Carlo still has room to grow, too.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think only McAvoy would be considered their best this season, had he been healthy, because of the three-zone aspect.

Carlo has easily been their best defenseman this season, though, which is funny because I thought after last year his future was already decided for him. Should have seen my twitter mentions and DMs last season saying he’s a bottom-pair or No. 5 D (think it was Fluto who wrote that piece?) because he was struggling.

This season he’s been top-pair material on his own regard. When on the ice with Chara this season, he’s the one doing the carrying. I think the difference maker is the hitting and physicality as he’s also on pace to increase his hits by approximately 120% or so.

I really think Carlo still has room to grow, too.

McAvoy's injuries kinda took him out of the running.

The difference in the confidence displayed on the ice from Carlo between this year and last year is staggering.

BruinsNetwork

McAvoy's injuries kinda took him out of the running.

The difference in the confidence displayed on the ice from Carlo between this year and last year is staggering.

I agree. He’s playing as hit he’s the authoritative figure on the ice. He’s certainy got the size and strength for that confidence, too. Not to mention that he’s skates extremely well and covers a lot more ice than his 6’4”+ counterparts in the league, IMO. I’m sure there are several teams in the league kicking themselves for letting him slip out of the first-round (where he was projected to go) in 2015.

Reactions: BruinDust
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->