Brandner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
I know he isn't a prospect anymore, but my question is about NHL prospect development systems and scouting, so I think it belongs here.

Now that Brandner has played a few games, what do you think could he have done if he was drafted when he was eighteen years old and developed in an NHL system?

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
He may have been one of those prospects that gets lost in a system. Big, slow, not agile. When ur 18 that is how you are seen at times. At 28 he has great hands, a north south skater that works well in corners. He may have gone back to europe any way if he was drafted. Not stellar skills but once you can establish urself in front of the net, get playing time you can get a rep as that kind of player. As a prospect power forwards and defense men take a long time to devolp and are often given up on.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
MN_Gopher said:
He may have been one of those prospects that gets lost in a system. Big, slow, not agile. When ur 18 that is how you are seen at times. At 28 he has great hands, a north south skater that works well in corners. He may have gone back to europe any way if he was drafted. Not stellar skills but once you can establish urself in front of the net, get playing time you can get a rep as that kind of player. As a prospect power forwards and defense men take a long time to devolp and are often given up on.
Sounds reasonable. So you do not think he could have developed into a better player if he was brought in slowly at a younger age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->