Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Mock-up of what they'll look like:

Victory stripes!

AcademicKnobbyGrouse-max-1mb.gif

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I always joked they'd do blue 2004's and it would look bad but..... It actually works. Obviously I would've just preferred straight 2004's with our current logo but this is still better than anything else they've done. By far

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I always joked they'd do blue 2004's and it would look bad but..... It actually works. Obviously I would've just preferred straight 2004's with our current logo but this is still better than anything else they've done. By far

Well, a "straight 2004" wouldn't happen because a lot of people still have that kind of jersey. Yeah, get it with Stamkos or Hedman on the back instead of Lecavalier or Boyle or Stan Drulia, I understand, but having an actual, new jersey in that style is more likely to get people to go out and buy one of them.

It's far from unprecedented for alternate jersey designs to eventually be promoted to primary status down the road. I prefer our current logo to the original one, but that can be worked with. I really wouldn't mind something in the vein of the original template making a full return some day, though with black being the primary color again.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
A straight 2004 wouldn't fulfill the "reverse" part of "reverse retro" either. This isn't just the Bolts whipping up another jersey out of nowhere, it's an NHL-wide campaign so they had to fit the theme. Though as far as I can tell the only thing the Islanders did was flip their stripes around, lol.

Given the parameters we had to work with, these look really damn good. And yay for the victory stripes being included!

Reactions: CupsOverCash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->