Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Yeah, no. A lot of these outdoor games have been played in terrible conditions, with little visibility and really really bad ice.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I really don't care. Outdoor games haven't been fun in years.
I thought about that. As a TV viewer I agree. Somewhere around 2015 they hit a saturation point, and they're really whatever. I looked at the list of outdoor games and I don't even remember them all.
NHL outdoor games - Wikipedia

But to a more casual Tampa Bay area fan, it'd potentially be an event they'd remember for the rest of their lives, and that's where these events apparently shine, the in-person experience.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I still think we could just do one in the Trop. Yeah it's a dump but it's air conditioned and it has history as the ThunderDome. It would be nice to return for one night, except this time configured to where they can sell out the whole place. 42K people cheering on the Bolts in a dome would be pretty loud.

Reactions: berlin

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I still think we could just do one in the Trop. Yeah it's a dump but it's air conditioned and it has history as the ThunderDome. It would be nice to return for one night, except this time configured to where they can sell out the whole place. 42K people cheering on the Bolts in a dome would be pretty loud.
Northern boomers would have a field day with our 'outdoor' game being indoors.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I believe Vancouver did the same thing. Technically it would be a "Stadium Series" game.
BC Place has a retractable roof that was closed when the weather wasn't looking like it'd cooperate.

Like it or not, outside our sun belt bros, they're going to look at the outdoor games in CA, NV, and TX and ask why they didn't do that here. Humidity be damned.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Lightning lowering concession prices at Amalie Arena

TAMPA — Fans will find a pleasant change when they next arrive at Amalie Arena for a Lightning game. Concession prices are going down.

More than 300 items, which include alcoholic products, will be reduced by an average of about 15 percent. The changes will go into effect when the Lightning return home from their current road trip and host Toronto on Tuesday.

The team cited specific examples of reductions like a large popcorn going down by 26 percent, bottled water (25 percent) and bottled Pepsi (21 percent).

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Last edited:
Reactions: Major4Boarding
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->