Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Coke v Pepsi is a big deal.

Besides the soda, Pepsi is the owner of several subsidiaries.

Frito-Lay, Quaker Oats, Tropicana, Sabra Dipping Company, Naked Juice, and the big one for sports, Gatorade.

Subsidiaries of PepsiCo, Inc

Winning the Cola Wars in Water Street is pretty important as well. It'll be up to the individual restaurants to serve Coke or Pepsi, but their landlords having a pre-existing relationship with Pepsi may sway some of the independent upstarts to choose Pepsi.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Prefer Coke over Pepsi but I'll give PepsiCo honorable kudos for having Mountain Dew.... I love me some Code Red like Killorn loves taking dumb penalties and being at .50 PPG

Reactions: JFleegs

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I taste no difference between Coke and Pepsi.
Pepsi has a bit of a lemon twinge and a bit sweeter. Coke is a little more cinnamon. I don't think it's a big deal.

Apparently consumer studies favor Pepsi initially, as it's sweeter, but Coke seems better in quantity.

Last edited:

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Pepsi has a bit of a lemon twinge and a bit sweeter. Coke is a little more cinnamon. I don't think it's a big deal.

Apparently consumer studies favor Pepsi initially, as it's sweeter, but Coke seems better in quantity.
I have always thought of Pepsi as flat Coke

Edit: also saw a Pepsi truck today with the Lightning logo and “Go Bolts” on the side

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I have never heard anyone order a rum and Pepsi. Maybe Pepsi is for tea totalers, and Coke for the rest of us.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The Veterans seems better since it widened, but I don't commute as much that way any more.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Exactly what we were just talking about coming up with Channelside Drive. This time with reduced demand, rather than induced.

This stretch is a few blocks outside the Water Street project, but it's too relevant not to include. It's one of the major routes in and out of the district.

channelside drive tampa | OpenStreetMap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad