Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Is it possible to announce a jersey just for the playoffs? Are there any deadlines?
You mean we'd announce the jersey and use only that on the playoffs? Are 3rds even allowed in the playoffs, I can't remember any team wearing them.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Oh god, maybe these weren't fake after all!
Christmas is just around the corner to :eek:

0926-tbl-joke1.jpg

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
You mean we'd announce the jersey and use only that on the playoffs? Are 3rds even allowed in the playoffs, I can't remember any team wearing them.
I think when the Pens used their yellow jerseys that last cup run it was technically their 3rd at the time.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Sparkman Wharf needs to be careful with stuff like this
brandintegration.png

ads aren't cool, which the demographic they're targeting know and Sparkman Wharf/Water Street Tampa doesn't need #BrandIntegration #Synergy to survive as a business model.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
You expect an entity owned by the same person to... not mix advertising?
TBL and The Grinch are fine IMO. We know the NHL is corporate. I'm talking about Sparkman Wharf, which is trying to be authentic. Maybe when Water Street develops more fully it'll find it's place, but they've got to act with restraint to not drive away the people who will keep the place evergreen and turn it into a touristy theme park-lite experience. Not hip and not cool. Old Disney stuff took until like the 2000's to become 'cool' with the crowd they're going for.

When you (try to) monetize everything or try to make your audience the product (which advertising stuff like this is) when you're selling them products already (food & drink), I think they'll turn against it. People understand ads if you've got a 'free' product. We are the product as they've got to make money somehow.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
How have they not even mentioned new jerseys yet?
I think they are just hoping people forget that they were going to have them. My guess is that the "leak" that was said to be "in progress" was ALOT closer to being the final design then they want people to believe. I think they went back to square one after the backlash.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I think they are just hoping people forget that they were going to have them. My guess is that the "leak" that was said to be "in progress" was ALOT closer to being the final design then they want people to believe. I think they went back to square one after the backlash.
Yep it is funny though how they’re handling it, I mean say something anything.

Reactions: Master P

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
At this point I'll believe anything. That POS was the sorriest thing I have ever looked at. I said before half seriously that they'd make a crappy black jersey on purpose so it didn't become more popular and I'm starting to believe the conspiracy now

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Who really cares about the surprise of a sweater design? Do a public vote of a couple designs and ask which is the favorite/none of the above, but don't release the results. It's not really a 'competition' in the strictest sense, just a poll to see where they're at.

That way people get the design they want, which should result in greater acceptance and sales.

It's maybe not as good marketing to soften the reveal, but what is the team trying to accomplish in the end?

Last edited:
Reactions: Phobia Catalyst

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Who really cares about the surprise of a sweater design? Do a public vote of a couple designs and ask which is the favorite/none of the above, but don't release the results. It's not really a 'competition' in the strictest sense, just a poll to see where they're at.

That way people get the design they want, which should result in greater acceptance and sales.

It's maybe not as good marketing to soften the reveal, but what is the team trying to accomplish in the end?

They actually did a third jersey survey with the STMs sometime last season iirc. Asked about previous thirds, color and style preferences, what jerseys we owned and wore, etc. Don't remember them giving us any mock ups to review. I asked for black as the main color (NOT the only color) and a definite retro look. I want the stupid victory stripes back, dammit!! :cool:

Reactions: Phobia Catalyst

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
They actually did a third jersey survey with the STMs sometime last season iirc. Asked about previous thirds, color and style preferences, what jerseys we owned and wore, etc. Don't remember them giving us any mock ups to review. I asked for black as the main color (NOT the only color) and a definite retro look. I want the stupid victory stripes back, dammit!! :cool:
I'm not an STM (I live near Orlando), but I remembered reading about that. I don't really see a problem with putting renderings out (maybe legal ones concerning IP), asking if they've done well enough before they mass produce the Mooterus 2.0.

edit: IMO, the team's kit normally should start with the pants, which don't change color too much. You can put a different shell on, but that's a lot more effort to switch in and out of a third jersey and the equipment staff already probably works plenty of hours.

I see the blue pants as the hurdle to a pure retro throwback.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm not an STM (I live near Orlando), but I remembered reading about that. I don't really see a problem with putting renderings out (maybe legal ones concerning IP), asking if they've done well enough before they mass produce the Mooterus 2.0.

edit: IMO, the team's kit normally should start with the pants, which don't change color too much. You can put a different shell on, but that's a lot more effort to switch in and out of a third jersey and the equipment staff already probably works plenty of hours.

I see the blue pants as the hurdle to a pure retro throwback.
They didn't have any problems switching pants for the last black thirds.

screen-shot-2014-09-27-at-2-30-42-pm.png

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Fair, and they had black buckets.

Only 8/15 teams in the league with 3rds change their shells. 4 of the ones that do are for throwback designs.

I'm admittedly putting function (and interchangeability of the kit) over form where having to either re-shell or have a separate set of pants and helmet seems like it'd make things a bit more complicated, but I also basically never see the Solar Bears wear purple anymore, so I've got a bit of a bias towards just rearranging the pattern of the regular colors, rather than hiding them.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I try to forget this ever happened. I was there for the reveal and I gotta say it was one of the most disappointing experiences I have ever been a part of. Anyone who thinks BOLTS was a good enough idea to be done twice needs to get a wedgie. Especially after hyping it up and getting people excited because we were finally looking like Tampa Bay and not some mutated Detroit/Toronto mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad