Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

I think we're one step away from a subscription service. Every month/quarter a bunch of random (and sometimes unique) Lightning gear gets sent to you for a reasonable cost.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017

I think we're one step away from a subscription service. Every month/quarter a bunch of random (and sometimes unique) Lightning gear gets sent to you for a reasonable cost.

Looks decent; would be better if it came with a fitted hat instead of adjustable.
You might be on to something about the subscription, but the reasonable cost part is debatable.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Looks decent; would be better if it came with a fitted hat instead of adjustable.
You might be on to something about the subscription, but the reasonable cost part is debatable.
One step away. They'll have your shirt & hat size and they'll bring the cost down. That's how it works for companies like Loot Crate.

As a practicality, I don't see them sending both a hat and a shirt in the same box as there are so many variations.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm starting to think that the Lightning aren't so much releasing a 3rd jersey as much as they're going to reinvent the look. Bare with me here and go with what we know

-They took a fan survey. And how many of us want a black jersey or a throwback? Maybe half of us give or take? The two are hand in hand and "half" is not a small sample -especially if that correlated to the survey.

-They did the crummy black 3rds for a minute. And it would be no big deal to do it again.

-The last time we did the new look it came midseason.

-There's no reason for the delay to be lasting this long. It doesn't take this long to add some victory stripes -which I'm sure many of us would want to see.

I really am starting to think that whatever we release is going to become a primary look because the one thing that makes sense is for the holdup is that the results of the survey are being applied here and we want to figure out a way to make a new look that lasts forever. Vinik made no secret that his intention was an everlasting trademark and when you see our logo you know it's us and you know what we look like.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I drank too much and ate too many chicken fingers. But if there's one thing I've learned it's that with the Lightning everything happens when nothing seems to be happening

Edit: stupid autocorrect

Last edited:

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I'm starting to think that the Lightning aren't so much releasing a 3rd jersey as much as they're going to reinvent the look. Bare with me here....

They took a fan survey. And how many of us want a black jersey or a throwback? Maybe half of us give or take? The two are hand in hand and "half" is not a small sample -especially if that correlated to the survey.

They did the crummy black 3rds for a minute. And it would be no big deal to do it again.

The last time we did the new look it came midseason.

There's no reason for the delay to be lasting this long. It doesn't take this long to add some victory stripes -which I'm sure many of us would want to see.

I really am starting to think that whatever we release is going to become a primary look because the one thing that makes sense is for the holdup is that the results of the survey are being applied here and we want to figure out a way to make a new look that lasts forever. Vinik made no secret that his intention was an everlasting trademark and when you see our logo you know it's us and you know what we look like.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I drank too much and ate too many cookies fingers. But if there's one thing I've learned it's that with the Lightning everything happens when nothing seems to be happening
Interesting theory, but i’m more leaning towards them scratching the 3rds altogether after the backlash from the leaked image. I mean at this point they’re not even toying around with us about the release. It’s as if they’ve brushed it under the rug and said don’t look here.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Interesting theory, but i’m more leaning towards them scratching the 3rds altogether after the backlash from the leaked image. I mean at this point they’re not even toying around with us about the release. It’s as if they’ve brushed it under the rug and said don’t look here.
Yeah, same here as soon as the leak was posted on social media I did not hear a single person say it was a good jersey

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I'm starting to think that the Lightning aren't so much releasing a 3rd jersey as much as they're going to reinvent the look. Bare with me here....

They took a fan survey. And how many of us want a black jersey or a throwback? Maybe half of us give or take? The two are hand in hand and "half" is not a small sample -especially if that correlated to the survey.

They did the crummy black 3rds for a minute. And it would be no big deal to do it again.

The last time we did the new look it came midseason.

There's no reason for the delay to be lasting this long. It doesn't take this long to add some victory stripes -which I'm sure many of us would want to see.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I drank too much and ate too many cookies fingers. But if there's one thing I've learned it's that with the Lightning everything happens when nothing seems to be happening

I miss our old Jerseys personally. (The ones during our cup run.) So much better than the current ones. I like our Current ones better than the Okay hockey jerseys so least there's that. I want the classics back. :(

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I miss our old Jerseys personally. (The ones during our cup run.) So much better than the current ones. I like our Current ones better than the Okay hockey jerseys so least there's that. I want the classics back. :(

You, me and many others. Heck we could leave our away jerseys alone and for the home look simply keep trade the color blue for black and adding victory stripes to both and I think most fans would settle for it

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't think those 3rds were actually going to be worn. They make different sweaters for women sometimes (pink comes to mind) that the team never wears.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB

I like the Okay Hockey jerseys better than these, but I agree on bringing the classics back.

Also bring back our fking original cup banner back! I hate that they took it down.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm really shocked they didn't have a third jersey out by now. I have to think Christmas is a good time for jersey sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->