Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I just hope it's not all upscale. I would love to see a real downtown.

None of the language seems to indicate that it would be. Gentrification would probably be an issue if it was left up to the market to decide, but they will probably limit that with some type of rent control.

They expect to have med students down there, and they're not making doctor money yet.

I also know that having a mix of incomes is considered desirable by Jeff Speck, who is working on the project, and wrote the book that Vinik bought for everybody at SPP. Speck's mentor of sorts was Andres Duany, I've included a clip of Duany explaining it back in like the early 90's.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I just was doing some googling and found that the NA LCS is going to begin franchising in 2018. Meaning the end of relegation. The investment by Vinik makes way more sense now.

I've got issues regarding most game publishers, but Riot (League of Legends) and Valve (CS:GO & DOTA 2) are okay by me.

The UrbanTech video gives some new info, especially for high-rises. Many 300 ft buildings (Tampa Marriott Waterside is 326ft). That would put them in the top 20 list for tallest buildings in Tampa. There will also be a creative office building 8-10 stories.

tallest buildings in Tampa for scale
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Tampa

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

if port tampa bay's board signs off on the demolition of a portion of channelside bay plaza, a small corner of the downtown waterfront will become a heavily programmed park featuring art, festivals and pop-up bars and restaurants.
Demolition of the southwest wing could begin later this summer. That would remove a building with a 27,500-square-foot footprint and replace it with a park that's nearly 42,400 square feet (nearly 1 acre).

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012

The Lightning will also be revealing the 25th anniversary logo on Friday.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Rangers jerseys still have strings. Not sure why Tampa doesn't. That's disappointing.
On the jerseys that kept them it looks strange and detached being set so low so I'm actually happy we didn't do it.

DCz08clUAAAL3MN.jpg:large

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
None of the language seems to indicate that it would be. Gentrification would probably be an issue if it was left up to the market to decide, but they will probably limit that with some type of rent control.

They expect to have med students down there, and they're not making doctor money yet.

I also know that having a mix of incomes is considered desirable by Jeff Speck, who is working on the project, and wrote the book that Vinik bought for everybody at SPP. Speck's mentor of sorts was Andres Duany, I've included a clip of Duany explaining it back in like the early 90's.

Thanks for sharing video ... watched the whole series on that. Highly interesting.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
So much for those victory stripes we were promised many moons ago.

Well with no third jersey and those two Maple Leafs looking things still left, at least it will save me money on any new jerseys this year. Though I will try and snag an old Reebok black one and get Budaj on the back if I can.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Why are people so obsessed with victory stripes? It's literally a line down the pants. Who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad