Trade: Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in 2018 and 6th rounder

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
The Rams with yet another big move.

Cooks stay in New England certainly didn't last long.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Good value but I would have kept the player and given him another year. Definitely has some flaws to his game and took a lot of criticism which for the most part was warranted, but he still put up 1000 yards and 7 TDs. Patriots must be confident in Mitchell returning from injury and maybe Patterson will have a bigger role in the offense than we originally thought

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It never felt like Cooks was a GREAT fit in NE. Not shocking.

Rams going all in. It will be fascinating to watch how this plays out. Cooks a FA after 2018, will this be Watkins redux?

Reactions: pockets

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Rams going all in. It will be fascinating to watch how this plays out.

He just wasn't the typical type of wr the Patriots like. He was soft and didnt fight and come back to the ball and the Patriots offense really relies on their receivers working back to the ball.

With all that said, he still put up 1000 yards and 7 TDs and I would have held onto him another year, but I can't complain about the value, they definitely got great value.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Typically B^2 does this with a much older player right before their decline but I guess he wasn't down to pay Cooks to kind of money he was going to have to.

Rams are just giving out draft picks like candy but at least they trying to capitalize while Goff is on a cheap rookie deal.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'm not sure Cooks puts them over the top enough to be worth a first, especially when they didn't have one last year. Plus isn't he a UFA after the season? Rams really going all in for 2018.

Belichick wins yet another trade.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Looks like a good move for the Pats. They rented Cooks for a year and get back a higher 1st round pick than the one they gave up for him.

Rams get better in the short-term but I'm curious about how they'll handle some of these contracts coming up.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I'm not sure Cooks puts them over the top enough to be worth a first, especially when they didn't have one last year. Plus isn't he a UFA after the season? Rams really going all in for 2018.

Belichick wins yet another trade.

What trades has he won recently?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
What trades has he won recently?
He hasn't really made any big trades recently outside of acquiring and then trading Cooks. Hes made a lot of lesser trades using low and conditional picks for guys like Rowe, Hicks, Van Noy and a few others. The last real big trade would probably have to go back to getting Talib for a 4th or Blount for 7th

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Rams going all in. It will be fascinating to watch how this plays out. Cooks a FA after 2018, will this be Watkins redux?
Donald’s new deal will kick in next year. Gurley will be on his 5th year option and Goff year 4. Going to be tough to keep al their additions. Going for broke now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He hasn't really made any big trades recently outside of acquiring and then trading Cooks. Hes made a lot of lesser trades using low and conditional picks for guys like Rowe, Hicks, Van Noy and a few others. The last real big trade would probably have to go back to getting Talib for a 4th or Blount for 7th

He also handed the Niners their franchise QB for the 43rd pick.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He also handed the Niners their franchise QB for the 43rd pick.
Yup, but the poster asked which trades he won. The Jimmy G trade definitely wasn't good value. I also think there were some extenuating circumstances surrounding that trade, but nonetheless the value wasn't good.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yup, but the poster asked which trades he won. The Jimmy G trade definitely wasn't good value. I also think there were some extenuating circumstances surrounding that trade, but nonetheless the value wasn't good.

Ah, gotcha. I thought you were just mentioning big trades they've made recently. Belichick usually knows what he's doing so it's hard to question it but I haven't liked some of the recent ones. The Jimmy G trade is the big one and there's Jones and Collins as well. There were contract and character questions in play but they missed a guy like Jones rushing the QB.

This move looks good though.....

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad