Music: Brand New - Science Fiction (Out Now)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Been thinking all weekend of how I'm going to cover my Brand New tattoos.

Gutted. Jesse is trash. This really shouldn't be shocking when you look back at the lyrics on Your Favorite Weapon.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It's also kind of more believable since it was a stage tech that brought it up. Sad that his "apology" was just about cheating and not focusing on the actual issue. Kind of a trashy move IMO.

Reactions: BonMorrison

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I was excited to see this thread bumped because I've been listening to Science Fiction a ton these past few weeks and have been loving it more and more. I came here to say how phenomal of a song "Can't Get it Out" is and instead I see this. God damnit Jesse, you've just let a lot of people down and especially those poor girls.

Multiple accusations are enough for me. I'm grateful for the enjoyment that his music gave to me these last 12 years but I won't be willfully listening to another song ever again. I hope speaking out helps those young ladies who had to deal with that creep.

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
Wasn't a very sincere apology at all. Its despicable what he did and has tainted there whole catalog for me. Disappointing.

Not sure if you guys go on reddit but the subreddit for Brand New is a freaking disaster right now. Between people wanting to burn their merchandise to a-holes saying that he did nothing wrong. Its like an internet war over there.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
This is about the least surprising thing ever. Jesse Lacey was already known as a scumbag.

Him pulling stunts such as this, at the height of his fame isn't surprising. He is far from the only one either...but difference is these days, things such as this aren't being brushed off as they were back in the day.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
sad...
loved Science Fiction more and more too
really takes the sting out of their music
not excusing his behavior but I've heard TONS of stories about other bands and their underage groupies
this isn't the last time we hear about a band member being a creep to young women

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
This is f***ing horrible. As awful as this is for fans of the band, numerous women/girls actually suffered over it.

Me vs Maradona vs Elvis is suddenly the worst song I have ever heard.

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Wasn't a very sincere apology at all. Its despicable what he did and has tainted there whole catalog for me. Disappointing.

Not sure if you guys go on reddit but the subreddit for Brand New is a freaking disaster right now. Between people wanting to burn their merchandise to a-holes saying that he did nothing wrong. Its like an internet war over there.
I don't see how anyone stands up for people like that if all of this is true which common sense says its probably true. But that's how celebs get away with things. Look at NFL players who get off easy on drug and assault charges. Some people have this weird part of their DNA which tells them entertainers can't be doing bad things or something.

This is about the least surprising thing ever. Jesse Lacey was already known as a *******.

Him pulling stunts such as this, at the height of his fame isn't surprising. He is far from the only one either...but difference is these days, things such as this aren't being brushed off as they were back in the day.
It not being surprising (to you or others) doesn't really make it any better or right. I am sure it happens a lot and he is far from the only one in the music industry to do such things. Which is sad. But shouldn't mean he gets a pass. Also, no I am not saying that you are saying he deserves a pass - it's just sad that 'that's just the way it is sometimes' happens.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
It not being surprising (to you or others) doesn't really make it any better or right. I am sure it happens a lot and he is far from the only one in the music industry to do such things. Which is sad. But shouldn't mean he gets a pass. Also, no I am not saying that you are saying he deserves a pass - it's just sad that 'that's just the way it is sometimes' happens.

Never said it was right nor that he should get a pass...but people are incredibly naïve if they believe this is a relatively new development or something that occurs mainly in the pop-punk genre.

Look no further to Davie Bowie and his shady past. I would also go on record as to saying stories from the hair metal/metal craze of the 80's would put this to shame.

Jesse Lacey always was a asshat and I'm glad he is being outed(if true, of course). It's not going to stop me from listening to Brand New either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad