Brady Tkachuk vs Jack Hughes

Who do you take

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It’s a dumb question because we all know the answer but Dorion can’t say it out loud. His choice wasn’t Hughes versus Tkachuck. The pick this year is unlikely to be higher than the 4th they had last year.

How is it unlikely?

The Sens lost two of their best players, don't have young guys coming in to replace them, lost another good player for half the year and didn't add anyone of significance through trade or FA.

If you polled most people around the league if not the favorite to finish last they are at least top 3. I can't see a single team that you could reasonably make an argument for as being worse on paper going into the season.

Add in the fact that with Stone and Duchene being FA's they could have easily ensured the pick was higher by moving them for much needed pieces if they had held the pick.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
How is it unlikely?

The Sens lost two of their best players, don't have young guys coming in to replace them, lost another good player for half the year and didn't add anyone of significance through trade or FA.

If you polled most people around the league if not the favorite to finish last they are at least top 3. I can't see a single team that you could reasonably make an argument for as being worse on paper going into the season.

Add in the fact that with Stone and Duchene being FA's they could have easily ensured the pick was higher by moving them for much needed pieces if they had held the pick.

If the Sens go 0-82-0, the odds the pick is number 4 are over 50%.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If the Sens go 0-82-0, the odds the pick is number 4 are over 50%.

Is #4 higher than #4 last year?

And that would take incredibly bad luck for them to get the 4th pick if they finish last.

Planning on having bad luck is a pretty poor way to run an organization but I guess that is how Ottawa has been run lately.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Is #4 higher than #4 last year?

And that would take incredibly bad luck for them to get the 4th pick if they finish last.

Planning on having bad luck is a pretty poor way to run an organization but I guess that is how Ottawa has been run lately.

No...

It isn’t incredibly bad luck. If they finish dead last, it’s basically a coin toss whether the pick is 4th or 1-3. And that’s only if they finish dead last. Teams are rarely exactly as we peg them. Whether that’s Ottawa being better than expected or some other team cratering, I wouldn’t put my money on Ottawa finishing last.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No...

It isn’t incredibly bad luck. If they finish dead last, it’s basically a coin toss whether the pick is 4th or 1-3. And that’s only if they finish dead last. Teams are rarely exactly as we peg them. Whether that’s Ottawa being better than expected or some other team cratering, I wouldn’t put my money on Ottawa finishing last.

How many times has the last place team finished in the worst spot possible?

There isn’t a team close to as bad as Ottawa out there. The only chance they have of not finishing last is major injuries to other teams or them making stupid deals to try and save face.

And teams are often what we peg them.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
How many times has the last place team finished in the worst spot possible?

There isn’t a team close to as bad as Ottawa out there. The only chance they have of not finishing last is major injuries to other teams or them making stupid deals to try and save face.

And teams are often what we peg them.

The odds are the odds. What came before makes no difference.

And the Avs are a good example here. Went from unexpectedly terrible to unexpectedly good and picked 4th right there in the middle. It happens all the time.

Reactions: 93LEAFS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad