Brady Tkachuk scores 1st and 2nd NHL goals

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
I already ****ing detest him.

Pickard stops a shot and covers the puck while Brady is 3m away. Play largely stops. Brady proceeds to spear Pickard’s glove covering the puck and somehow manages to fall on his own accord so that he plants a knee into the goaltender’s side/back. This isn’t “grit”; he’s just an unbelievable tool [Mod].

I guess you could say that all this just means that he must be really effective at what he does, though. :mad:

Lol. Ottawa joins Calgary on the fun side of the fence as far as the Tkachuks are concerned

Last edited by a moderator:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Good player. Not getting my expectations up too high, but hope he becomes a dirty something something that everyone hates. Once that happens, points will be a nice bonus.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
tim and sid said his dad and brother scored their first against philly didnt they? or did i imagine that
I thought they said that in the Sens broadcast too, but Keith scored his first against the north stars, and Matt against Buffalo.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I already ****ing detest him.

Pickard stops a shot and covers the puck while Brady is 3m away. Play largely stops. Brady proceeds to spear Pickard’s glove covering the puck and somehow manages to fall on his own accord so that he plants a knee into the goaltender’s side/back. This isn’t “grit”; he’s just an unbelievable tool [Mod].

I guess you could say that all this just means that he must be really effective at what he does, though. :mad:
I envision you being "that guy" at the Flyers games that yells and complains constantly.

Last edited by a moderator:

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
As a Flyers fans I found myself hating him last night but that's a good thing for the Sens. Scored two goals, both of the typical Tkachuk variety and was honestly the only really noticeable Sen in the game. He was all around the net, got into it with Laughton, and was a pest after every whistle. Hated him last night but love him as a player and I'm just glad we won't be seeing him a bunch of times every year.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Why does Philly always sign or trade for the worst goalies? Is it that hard to find even an average starter? Or competent back up?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Why does Philly always sign or trade for the worst goalies? Is it that hard to find even an average starter? Or competent back up?
Hart looks ready to be a number one so I think their plan was just a stop gap year with whatever they could find before bringing him up next year so they don’t want to commit or spend any valuable assets for a goalie

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
You rarely see prospects like him nowadays. He plays a lot like Blake Wheeler, or a bit like Mark Stone as well but with more grit. He takes the puck right to the net every single time and will make other teams take penalties. His biggest asset is his vision, he's got excellent vision and passing ability. His shot is very good, not like Matthews for example, but he has a sneaky quick release and can get it in tight areas. I think he's a bit like Stone in this area, he has a sneaky shot with high precision and will score 25 goals a year but isn't the guy that will score 40+. His puck protection skills are very good and he's good off the cycle.

Bottom line is he knows what to do and where to be to make things happen and he's willing to do whatever it takes to make plays happen. He's very exciting to watch from a fan perspective. He's the type of player that might not score 100 points a year but people will go see games to watch him play and opposing teams will absolutely hate to play against him and fans from other teams will despise him.

It's still very very early, but I understand why the Sens took him. I think Zadina would also have been a good pick, they are different players that both bring value in different ways. Seeing Tkachuk is very encouraging. Also from what I've seen Kotkaniemi looks extremely polished for his age. I think those 3 will end up being impact players.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good for him. I've moved on from the Sens but I was a fan of theirs for 15 yrs. so I'll always want to see them do well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->