Brady Tkachuk is on pace for one of the greatest season in analytics history

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Analytics, aside, Brady leads the league in Shots on Goal, Hits and Penalties Drawn. What a legend.

View attachment 399896

View attachment 399901

View attachment 399894

Truly one of the most unique players in the league. Eventhough he may not have the counting stats that his brother does, I think he is a better player than his brother. Scary to think what he could become when he grows into that body. Dropped the gloves with Chiarot too who is tough as nails.

Reactions: Samsquanch

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Truly one of the most unique players in the league. Eventhough he may not have the counting stats that his brother does, I think he is a better player than his brother. Scary to think what he could become when he grows into that body. Dropped the gloves with Chiarot too who is tough as nails.

Who in the recent past or present is a good comparison to him? I’m having a hard time drawing a parallel to anyone. Peak Lucic? Brady not as intimidating or brutish. I guess maybe his Dad Keith?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Good ok analytic’s. Where Nichuskin is better than Draisaitl and B.Tkachuk is one of the greatest players of all time....
Add to that I do not even hear Pastrnak's name. He has only scored 9 goals in 9 games so far this year.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
If I was a Habs fan I would lose sleep over taking KK over Brady
Would it make Rangers fans feel better about taking Sanguinetti over Giroux, Del Zotto over Eberle or Carlson, McIlrath over Fowler or Tarasenko, Tambellini over Pesce, Halverson over Point, Gropp over Andersson, Andersson over Suzuki ?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Would it make Rangers fans feel better about taking Sanguinetti over Giroux, Del Zotto over Eberle or Carlson, McIlrath over Fowler or Tarasenko, Tambellini over Pesce, Halverson over Point, Gropp over Andersson, Andersson over Suzuki ?

Look at the little quote under my username, I still am furious over every single one of those

(but you're also comparing 99% mid/late 1sts and even some 2nd and a 3rd round pick to 3rd overall)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This has nothing to do with anything.

Does your team sucking exclude you from making observations about other teams?

Reactions: TeamRenzo

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The guy is averaging 1.84 xGoals/60... that's insane, no one this season is even close. Matthews is a distant 2nd at 1.37/60. Tkachuk is on pace to break Ovechkin's record of the best stats in this metric at 1.81 in the 08-09 season.

Esp impressive that he's doing it on such a bad team where just getting the puck to the areas that give you good expected goals is a herculean task in itself, let alone getting those shots off.
I “expected” him to be better than tied for 53rd in League scoring. I’m disappointed.

Doesn’t matter. For me the real question is who will win the Expected Cup this season. So much more exciting than the real Cup if you ask me. Don’t have to go through all those endless playoff games. Run a computer program and tell me who won baby!

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

He didnt just drop the gloves with him. He fairly decisively beat the crap out of him and sent him to the dressing room with what looked like a broken, bloodied nose . And thats after Chairot threw a quick initial cheap shot to start the fight, like a punk.

Brady is 21 yrs young. Its downright scary to think of the player that he can be in his prime. And I feel like smaller and less physical teams are going to find it nearly impossible to handle his physical presence (especially in front of you know where - then add a healthy multiplier to his overall effect in the playoffs), or be able to stop him from doing what he wants.

As you said, if we count the leadership side of things (2 of the 3 rookie scoring leaders live at his house and worship him). and how he drags his entire team into the fight with him using his emotions and charisma. And then add them to the fact that hes the rarest breed of PWF (and blooming light years ahead of schedule), and we easily have one of the most unique players in the game.

Hes going to be a fantastic discussion piece for a lot of years because no player in the league is a better example of someone having "hockey intangibles" that should outweigh a significant amount of point production - varying on the player itself of course.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad