Rumor: Brady Tkachuk informs BU he intends to go pro

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Because people think when a player is physical he is NHL ready. Tkachuk is a complimentary winger ottawa is a **** show right now, i think tkachuk has a future and people are underrating him at this point but his offensive game needs alot of work, throwing him in a circus and a losing environment where nonody will realy feed him could damage his development, he could be playing on a great NCAA team, top minutes, top PP, top PK and round up his offensive game! Would you like kotkaniemi to jump on the habs this season simply because he has the hockey IQ to do so? 1 assets doesn’t make you NHL ready, especially when the environment makes a big difference, it’s just not the right call to me! My 2 cents
Actually the toxic locker room was the past seasons locker room. After an offseason and change of faces, I think people are gonna be surprised that Ottawa is not that bad

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Actually the toxic locker room was the past seasons locker room. After an offseason and change of faces, I think people are gonna be surprised that Ottawa is not that bad
It certainly couldn't get any worse. In all my years of watching hockey I've never seen a team in this much disarray.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
It certainly couldn't get any worse. In all my years of watching hockey I've never seen a team in this much disarray.
I'll give you a hint... Colorado two years back.. Historically bad season from start to finish. Boring offseason stuff unlike Ottawas but we were twice as bad on the ice

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'll give you a hint... Colorado two years back.. Historically bad season from start to finish. Boring offseason stuff unlike Ottawas but we were twice as bad on the ice
You were talking about a toxic locker room. To my knowledge, Colorado's LR was never toxic.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
He is turning 19 in Sept 16.

When you say is he is too young for the ahl. Do you mean he is not good enough or he is not eligible to play in the ahl? He got drafted from College so he is eligible to play in the ahl at 18. I don't think playing in ohl is a good idea. He will be older, bigger and faster than most of players in ohl. It won't be do much for his development

If he is not in nhl and doesn't want to return to College. Playing AHL is the best option.

People say that, but honestly, I don't think a year dominating the OHL would hurt him. It's never hurt anyone, and would be an easier acclimation to playing more of an NHL like schedule.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Are there seriously people questioning John Buccigross as a legit source? One of only five people at ESPN (TSN's US partner) who care about hockey and a guy who loves and reports on the college game?

Just because you don't know of someone doesn't mean they aren't a legit source.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
You were talking about a toxic locker room. To my knowledge, Colorado's LR was never toxic.
True not certainly as toxic but in competitive league, a locker room that is not concentrated on winning games but is distracted from winning games, I think you can call it toxic.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Are there seriously people questioning John Buccigross as a legit source? One of only five people at ESPN (TSN's US partner) who care about hockey and a guy who loves and reports on the college game?

Just because you don't know of someone doesn't mean they aren't a legit source.
Something about this made me giggle.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Why not send him to the AHL if he can't play in the NHL

I like London as an option because it's likely he'll get more icetime and less wear and tear physically. Plus London has had no problems prepping highly skilled players to go straight to he NHL.

He has three strong options now (NHL, AHL, OHL) which is always good for a teenager.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
He will be there 2nd best forward next year after stone. Think he puts up 25 goals and 35 assists. This kid will be good right off the bat imo
60 points? I’ll take the under at 29.5. I don’t think - and I hope, for Ottawa fans - that he is pushed to play the entire or even majority of the year in the NHL.

Ser Grogu

Dank farrik
Aug 6, 2009
RaLXK3k.jpg

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Interesting, figured he'd play in college this season. Think he'll play his 9 games for Ottawa, learn a lot, show some promise but he'll get sent back down to the AHL or CHL.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

Team or organization? The team itself (the players) aren't in disarray. Especially after the Hoffman trade. The organization itself? Absolute show

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Team or organization? The team itself (the players) aren't in disarray. Especially after the Hoffman trade. The organization itself? Absolute show
The cluster**** of an organization will affect the team/players and what's allowed to go on inside and outside the locker room.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Interesting, figured he'd play in college this season. Think he'll play his 9 games for Ottawa, learn a lot, show some promise but he'll get sent back down to the AHL or CHL.
Expect the tkachuk camp to have discussed the sens plans before Brady signed his deal. So, they will be comfortable with where he ends up this season.

My gut feel is that he does his 10 nhl games
To burn his first elc year and it’s up to Ottawa to decide where to play him. Probably a condition to sign now. He may not accrue his 40 games on the nhl roster to gain a year towards ufa, but I think he burns year 1 of elc.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I think a lot of people’s eyes are going to be opened when the realize how good he is this year. Some people act like this is Lawson Crouse, this is more like Eric Staal.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

You have no idea how toxic that locker room was outside of the Hoffman Karlsson stuff. And we don't know how bad things got between the two of them.

Its all speculation.

Yeah it probably wasn't good, and the team bit the big one for a lot of reasons. BUt nobody knows what was going on in that locker room. Nobody knows what goes on in any locker room.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You have no idea how toxic that locker room was outside of the Hoffman Karlsson stuff. And we don't know how bad things got between the two of them.

Its all speculation.

Yeah it probably wasn't good, and the team bit the big one for a lot of reasons. BUt nobody knows what was going on in that locker room. Nobody knows what goes on in any locker room.
Actually I said the team was in disarray. Someone else called it toxic. Please get your facts straight before starting out on a rant against me.
I also said the organization was a cluster****, but at no time have I called the locker room toxic.

Last edited:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Actually I said the team was in disarray. Someone else called it toxic. Please get your facts straight before starting out on a rant against me.
I also said the organization was a cluster****, but at no time have I called the locker room toxic.

Would be a pretty sad rant at 3 sentences :P

But I do stand corrected.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Nice to see something go in the positive direction for the Sens. If Brady is anything like his brother he could surprise this season and be someone who can make a difference in a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->