Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) I'm a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm sure Dorion will try hard to sign Brady this season. Its going to be a weird year leading into new contracts so hard to say what Brady will do.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'd personally follow someone who adequately filled the offensive shoes of Erik Karlsson without any decent defensive partners or goaltending. Being physical isn't a very good reason to think BT is the next leader of this team.

Hopefully they both are a reason why this team becomes a contender but I want to see every player earn his worth with actual play rather than be gifted a salary based off perceived value. Let the lads earn their bread.
EK is another guy who is glamorized here & never won a cup. Glad they finally got rid of him.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The only reason this team was relevant the last decade was because of Karlsson.
They had plenty of seasons where they sucked & missed the playoffs & a few where someone like Hammond, Brodeur or Condon saved their season by going on a run. I think since their only SC appearance they have missed the playoffs 7 times, lost in the 1st rd 4 times & lost in the 2nd rd & 3rd rd once each. That is not making the team relevant, that's consistently disappointing.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
They had plenty of seasons where they sucked & missed the playoffs & a few where someone like Hammond, Brodeur or Condon saved their season by going on a run. I think since their only SC appearance they have missed the playoffs 7 times, lost in the 1st rd 4 times & lost in the 2nd rd & 3rd rd once each. That is not making the team relevant, that's consistently disappointing.

I agree it was a shit team that deserved be to be in the lottery almost every year if not for Karlsson.

The last time we actually had a good team was probably 2011 and even that team was more good than a legitimate contender.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Well let me tell ya... there is disappointing and then there is disa-fn-pointing. That disappointing is nothing like this disappointing. We are in the latter now. I feel like a leaf fan ... imagining a day when we will be good again. They had to do that for quite a while . When we are within say 3 spots of a playoff spot its going to feel like we are back playing in the same league as everyone else... When will we get there.. 2 years minimum. So not this year. next year? doubt it. Maybe 22-23

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Without EK the Sens would have been bottom 5 in the league EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Prajna

Jun 10, 2008
His last couple years here EK was as much a liability as an asset.
When it comes to playoff hockey I will take the top line power forward which are very rare, over the shrimp offensive DMAN.

Reactions: aragorn

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
His last couple years here EK was as much a liability as an asset.
When it comes to playoff hockey I will take the top line power forward which are very rare, over the shrimp offensive DMAN.

This happened during his last couple of years here.

Whether or not you think he could put up this kind of performance again with his various health issues and defensive problems, I'm not going to pretend that he wasn't one of the best hockey players on the planet at this time.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If you bash EK in any capacity, you're not a true Sens fan. The guy is the best player ever to put on the jersey (Hasek's 1 season doesn't count). He singlehandedly made this team relevant for years. A true shame in the same vein as Alfredsson for him not to retire a Senator.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If you bash EK in any capacity, you're not a true Sens fan. The guy is the best player ever to put on the jersey (Hasek's 1 season doesn't count). He singlehandedly made this team relevant for years. A true shame in the same vein as Alfredsson for him not to retire a Senator.

Yup. Alfredsson and Karlsson are the only players I would say are legends on this team and if you want to call yourself a fan you can't really disrespect them. just my two cents.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Aragorn just really, really loves his big players.

Tkachuk is sick, but doesnt deserve more money than his brother atm.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

What a joke. Karlsson led the team in points consistently as a DEFENCEMAN. He's the only reason you got to watch Playoff hockey. Appreciate that at least. Consistently disappointing can only describe teams that miss the Playoffs. Think Edmonton...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Lol did you just describe Mike Brodeurs 3 games as going on a run and saving the season? You do realize even without those three wins we had the tie breaker over mtl and would have made the playoffs.

Condon is a bit of an odd inclusion too, he didn't go on a run so much as he played well to adequately for more consecutive games than should be expected of a backup. I'll give you that adequate goaltending for a prolonged stretch saved the season, but the alternative was a catastrophic injury sinking the season, hardly something one would pin on the dman who led the team in pts.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yup. Alfredsson and Karlsson are the only players I would say are legends on this team and if you want to call yourself a fan you can't really disrespect them. just my two cents.
I think if Chara, Hossa and Stone were kept they would have comprable legacies. I dont know how you arent a fan of Karlsson or Alfie if you are a sens fan. I can see how Karlsson would rub people the wrong way but the good outweighed the bad by such a large margin that it would be very strange to me if you didnt like him.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think if Chara, Hossa and Stone were kept they would have comprable legacies. I dont know how you arent a fan of Karlsson or Alfie if you are a sens fan. I can see how Karlsson would rub people the wrong way but the good outweighed the bad by such a large margin that it would be very strange to me if you didnt like him.
I like those three guys & Heatley who IMO was one of the best Sens of all time.

Reactions: Cosmix

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I hope the Sens invest in Tkachuk like they did with Chabot. Not interested in a bridge.
If Brady has another 40pt season he’ll probably bet on himself and sign a bridge deal. The cap is stagnant due to covid so I’d assume there’s a benefit in pushing your payday down a couple years when the league bounces back financially.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If Brady has another 40pt season he’ll probably bet on himself and sign a bridge deal. The cap is stagnant due to covid so I’d assume there’s a benefit in pushing your payday down a couple years when the league bounces back financially.
This aligns perfectly for Melnyk. 8 year deal with escalating salaries.
4, 4, 6, 8, 8, 10, 10, 10. AAV 7.5M.

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->